1970 2800 - Less than 28000 Original Miles - One Owner

Simufly

Reaction score
Very very nice. Time warp condition, missing a few essentials (for me anyway)aircon and electric windows which were available from the start.
It is generally thought that the 2800was the sweetest engine of the lot!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It is located in the Mojave desert...south of Barstow and east of Palmdale and Lancaster. If that is where it spent its life, you can bet it is rust free.

jmackro

Reaction score
missing a few essentials (for me anyway)aircon and electric windows which were available from the start.

US-delivery e3's generally had air conditioning, but electric windows were a rarity. I believe - and I'm no authority - that power windows were generally limited to the luxury, 3.0s model (at least over here). The 2800 on the BMWCCA site looks like a European-delivery car.

With a $43,995 asking price, the seller seems to have a "I know what I've got and know what it's worth" attitude. It is a valuable car based on its originality and low mileage, but $44K seems ambitious for this level of marketing. With this price expectation, the seller should have consigned it at Amelia Island.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It sounds like European delivery on a US ordered car...

"This BMW 2800 was purchased new in Germany by my wife's father, driven on the Autobahn while on vacation and shipped to California."

Hagerty is not always correct, but usually close.

They put a concours Condition 1970 2800 at $27.2

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1970-BMW-2800

"Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."

This car probably doesn't meet the requirements for Condition #1, but its low mileage and originality may make up for that. In any case, it will take a VERY special buyer to pay $44k for it.