1970 E3 2500 - RHD in TN/KY

70roundtail02

Reaction score
It’s with a heavy weight that I am listing up the RHD 2500 that I got in the 2 for 1 auction on BAT earlier this year. The inka as staying and is already underway with a restoration.

Work is taking me overseas for the next 3 years and the myriad of cars needs to be paired down.

The car was originally billed as a non runner, some work on cleaning the fuel put, replacing the pump, filter, plugs, cleaning the jets, contact points and away she goes. The car is running a lumenition optical ignition system which is similar to Petronix but is a UK/AUS/NZ variant.

I’ve done an engine flush, transmission flush, diff flush. Put on new tires and gave it a really really good deep clean.

The car is as people in the auction and here pointed out pretty original with some neat period additions but overall maintains the early series 1 features.

I’ve painted the grills back to a more appropriate silver matching the originals but have not gotten to the rear vents which’s joule be body color but are black.

I’ve cruised the car into work and down to Nashville on multiple occasions.

There really isn’t any rust on the car, and if I weren’t having to move I wouldn’t be selling it.

I’ve got a stack of older paperwork, plus what I’ve done. Clean TN title in my name. I’ll be providing more pictures (paint meter readings) and the like in the next couple days.

If you’re looking for a near early feature car and can make do with the RHD this could be the one for you. It’s neat and quirky, confuses a lot of people, and genuinely is a good little car.
I’m about an hour north of Nashville in Hopkinsville, KY. Happy to meet up and
Have someone take a look or do a FaceTime to show anything on the car.

This is genuinely the better of the two e3s from the auction. Wanted to offer it here first as I know there was some interest otherwise will probably list it for export back to the UK on some of the international sites.

Asking $8.5k obo for it, know that’s more than what it was originally billed in the auction buy back for but it runs now and comes far more sorted than when I got it. I honestly also don’t know how off base that price is.. does it really detract that much that it’s RHD from a car that would be significantly higher if LHD? Feel free to course correct.

Feel free to PM, again more pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• F61160CA-DE64-451D-A384-5E019B1F9732.jpeg
    F61160CA-DE64-451D-A384-5E019B1F9732.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 2597E645-CB59-4E1D-AC31-A71D3BCAEC19.jpeg
    2597E645-CB59-4E1D-AC31-A71D3BCAEC19.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I lusted after this car when it was still in Western Washington. I've owned RHD cars and never found them to be uncomfortable or unsafe...especially used as most collector cars are used. If you commuted with it every day or did a lot of passing on 2 lane roads, that would be a different story. Every time you attend a show, cars and coffee, or just stop on an errand, you have a crowd examining the car and wanting to hear the story. Unfortunately most North Americans look at the RHD as a show stopper so your potential buying pool in NA is substantially reduced. OTOH, an Australian, New Zealand (this car's former home), or UK buyer may gladly pay the shipping in order to get a rust free, sorted, early E3.

You got to do the fun part of getting this car cleaned up and driving well. Even if you don't get your number, the smiles and satisfaction you got was worth a lot i'm sure.. :)