1971 malaga 2800csa (hemmings) - Terrell, TX

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ran across this coupe on Hemmings - some rust - asking price $26k or best offer
rockers appear to be toast - so is interior (seats cracked to hell) - engine / tranny are out, floors are a little crusty. seems to be mostly intact - there is an engine, says it was rebuilt by Paeco (a birmingham, al company that is no longer in business ... its old location is 4 blocks from my brother's house)

Wow, what a crap-shoot in this environment. Plus, many will discount the auto trans. But looks like good bones ( for 53 year old car) for someone with a longer timeframe and a certain "skillset" ....PLUS fund$$$. Interesting car. I remember Paeco, had a lot of interesting parts. Will be watching this sale.

No comment on aspirational monetary goals but ever the optimist, doesn't look that awful to me; nice inner fenders, although the cathodic protection rocker covers wore out long ago.
Nice porting on the head, balanced internals by the look of it. An actual blueprinted instead of bluepainted job? PAECO was a popular SCCA engine builder back in day (had a spridget with one of their motors).
If anyone wants to tackle I'll contribute a set of front fenders and a nose panel (spares for that long gone spridget) than they can offer in trade - as it looks seller may need.

I think my marriage is strong, but I am afraid to ask my wife if I am correct. Now, if only i had a much larger garage...and better welding skills...

Back