1971 Malaga Coupe EBay

nathanegger

Reaction score
Rear Seats are Original

Obviously but not restored. Original leather? Yeah I'm mixed on Recaros as well. Very pretty car. The double Ameican side markers started in 72 right?

DerSchwede

Reaction score
New orignal springs and turn signal lenses and it's OK - if the body structure is....

The present stance is akward - looks like a 70's hot rod, new springs should fix that. Add 7x 14 inch Alpinas and you can start to drive among other people ;-)

Cheers
Anders

bombayflash

Reaction score
I don't like the color of the front seats.
does not match the original leather. looks odd

crazy pricing for these cars. this will be on sale for a long time.
Hunting Ridge has had a lot of 3.0s for sale for a year or so. None have sold.
I wonder why?

bubukitty

Reaction score
I think after the black resto-mod coupe sold at the Don Davis auction a couple of months ago for $110,000, that the price expectations for some coupes may be too optimistic. I saw the Don Davis car before he bought it when it was for sale at Canepa Design in Scott's Valley for $75,000 last year. It was truly an exceptional car. I was very surprised at the auction result for that car though. The Hunting Ridge cars seem generally nice but the prices are, to me at least, to be a little on the high side.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Coupe prices are goping up. If the car is solid and the rust situation is under control (no E9 is rust free) Then $30+K reasonable price. I have not seen the car other than in pictures but it has some desireable (by some) features;
Sunroof
16' wheels (asy to find tires that fit)
period correct radio
Nardi steeting wheel
AC
some folks prefer the Recaro seats

It would be your car, what features are important to you?

However, before I would fork over that kind of cash, I would inspect it thoroughly.

He has a few other coups so a trip to look may be worthwhile. Look at the diagram of most usual areas for rust, get it up on a lift.

Last edited:

ny30cs

Reaction score
I don't like the color of the front seats.
does not match the original leather. looks odd

crazy pricing for these cars. this will be on sale for a long time.
Hunting Ridge has had a lot of 3.0s for sale for a year or so. None have sold.
I wonder why?

How do you know none have sold? Presumptuous of you to assume that. I don't post all sales and I have sold many that have never even been advertised......

ny30cs

Reaction score
Hunting Ridge Motors

I don't bite. If anyone has questions about any of our cars, I'd be glad to answer them directly so that you get accurate information as opposed to hearsay. I can be reached at 914 217-4817..........Mark Starr

Humboldtson

Reaction score
Hunting ridge motors

Thanks mark. I did have questions for you and you answered them quickly and politely. Even on a Sunday. As for pricing I need to educate myself. And the people on this forum are sharp..very sharp. Sometimes the delivery might be a bit rough. But the information is quite usefull.