1972 3.0cs

Ry M

Reaction score
Hello there everyone!

I just registered for these forums.

I drive a 1972 3.0 cs. The car was given to me by my dad about a year ago. He had owned it for about a year or so before that. It currently is a 4 speed, while we await the time to swap a 5 speed into it. In the mean time we have been slowly getting it back to where it should be mechanically.

Sorry in advance for the very slow progress on the car, but when progress is started and made I will try to keep this updated.

Also does anybody know any local areas where parts are available (ie: junk yards or such). I know of La Jolla but, I sort of need little odds and ends. I'm located in the Bay Area (CA). Anyone know if Rancho Cordova has anything available?

3910806258_5fd9179901.jpg

3910027641_51fce11eca.jpg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
double 02 in Hayward has lots of parts for a coupe.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome. You would be surprised by the various odds & ends that La Jolla has. They carry used parts in addition to new parts. There are not too many junk yards left that have these hulks laying around. Keep an eye on eBay (both e9 & e3 stuff & worldwide) and this forum's parts section.

Good luck,

jmackro

Reaction score
A few additional ideas:

- Just type "e9" into ebay motors' search function - you'll be surprised what turns up.

- BMW Mobile Tradition still sells most parts for the Coupe. Unfortunately, the prices border on ridiculous. Check out http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/

- Mesa Performance down here in Orange County knows Coupes thoroughly, and can often suggest less expensive and/or better quality substitute parts. Probably best to call them at 800-221-6372.

- Back when I lived in the Bay Area, the local BMW club held a swap meet every so often. That was 20 years ago - ebay has probably replaced old-fashioned swap meet!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Also does anybody know any local areas where parts are available?
Also there are many here on this forum that sell, trade and exchange spares ad the various e3 and e9 odds & ends...List a few of your needs here this thread and we will see what we here can drum up for you...

Welcome Ry M,

Cheers!

Ran

Ry M

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I will defiantly keep all the sources in mind.

Is there a thread with a bunch of how-to's?

Or is searching easier to find what I need?

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Kind of a mixed bag.
Start off by searching - then if you don't find what you need - post your question and see who may be able to help.