1972 3.0CSi

RonP

Reaction score
Today starts the first day of the "resurrection" of this low mileage e9. Someone put a really cheap paint job on it :-(

So, here is the plan: Strip it down to metal and re-paint to factory specs, change out seats to Scheel 400s. I have plenty of material, so the seats will be recovered in the original fabric with the rear seats to match, CSL front spoiler, new springs, remove side markers, polish all belt line trim, new front window, Alpina 16" 7&8s, remove motor and re-seal everything! I am so excited about this resto!

I will add photos when I can.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v454/ronperry/Nachtblau30CSi/

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great looking project Ron. Looking forward to following it. Are you plastic blasting the old paint off? If you find any extra Alpina's, I am in need of a spare or two. I'd love to sit in some Scheel seats. Will be going to see an Alpina CSL that is getting restored in Ontario. Hope to see what they feel like.

RonP

Reaction score
Great looking project Ron. Looking forward to following it. Are you plastic blasting the old paint off? If you find any extra Alpina's, I am in need of a spare or two. I'd love to sit in some Scheel seats. Will be going to see an Alpina CSL that is getting restored in Ontario. Hope to see what they feel like.

Thanks, Nicad. No, we only use aircraft stripper. You just missed a set of Alpinas with tires on ebay...sold for $1500 plus shipping!!! Is the Alpina CSL the Carey Ida/Chris Provo/Canepa car?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks, Nicad. No, we only use aircraft stripper. You just missed a set of Alpinas with tires on ebay...sold for $1500 plus shipping!!! Is the Alpina CSL the Carey Ida/Chris Provo/Canepa car?

Not sure who it once belonged to, but it is in the hands of Marcus Glarner now. Going to see it when I get a chance to drop by. It came from Switzerland and got banged up in a container.
I bid on those rims, but I do not want 4 of them. I wouldn't mind a front and rear spare if anybody else is interested in splitting a set for that time down the road when they are harder to find.

Last edited:

RonP

Reaction score
Okay, well that can't be the same car, but I know Alpina built 5 of these cars (I think!), so to see one in person is really something that is quite special. The Ida/Provo car was just a perfect specimen in every respect.

TodB

Reaction score
side markers

Interesting side marker location. Hopefully you are pulling/filing those.

Nachtblau - only the best color ever :-o

Any rear black leather seats for me?

RonP

Reaction score
Oh yes, Tod...those side markers are buh bye! We are most likely expanding our space as of next week so I will be bringing all of our e9 coupe parts that are now in a Public Storage unit over and I will look for your seats then.

rgage2u

Reaction score
1972 resto

Looks like fun! PM me when you can. I'd like to talk about my 1973 and some restoration ideas. Thanks!