1972 RHD BMW 3.0CS Manual. Service history. FOR SALE. UK

Obsession

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm a relatively new member on the forum. I've put the odd post up in response to a few posts but not knowledgeable as other members here.

I have owned my E9 for 6 years.

I bought from the previous owner who (apparently) bought it from John Castle. The renowned BMW expert.

This CS was bought as I instantly regretted selling my CSi and wanted a decent car to start with and luckily found this.

The car itself.

1972 3.0 Manual 4 speed. UK Car.

Baikal Blue.

Lots of history over the years. Hand written servicing notes. A real joy to read through.

The car was restored sometime in the 90's. Inner wings, sills, lower A post with photographic evidence.

All done well in my opinion. Maybe not the prettiest but not bodged as they can be.

Im only allowed 20 pictures in this post.

I can add the pictures of the work done in the 90's in another post if required.

I sent it to the Netherlands to a friend to restore back to its former glory. Its currently there as you see it in the pictures and will be bought back to the UK to my garage. When I've cleared space for it.

Cars engine was started (I have a video of this) prior to removal with transmission to replace gaskets, hoses etc and paint the engine bay as it was the wrong colour blue.

Also a good opportunity to sand down the engine bay down and make sure the repairs are still in good order and epoxy painted before painting in correct Baikal Blue.

i was going to go Tiaga Green but thought. The cars deserved to be the colour it was as it left the factory.

I had the drivers floorpan, passenger side and passenger rear floorpan sections replaced as they were sheet metal and wanted the correct stampings in the pans.

During the 90's restoration. The underseal was removed, the rear sub-frame assembly removed and painted.

This is the current condition of the car with pictures prior to the epoxy going on so you can see the sheet metal work.
BMW CS restoration pictures 3.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 5.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 7.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 6.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 9.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 4.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 12.jpg

Both lower rear quarter valance repair panels were done from W & N along with any repair panels.

The passenger door was replaced as the frame had rusted at the top where the chrome trim affixes.

The car was stripped to bare metal, any welds linished flat and finally put in Epoxy primer.

Now ready for primer, paint and assembly.

Arguably. Alot of the hard work is done now.

Car comes with complete interior. Door cards are free from speaker holes and very good to excellent condition.

Also have door cards, rubbers and various bits and pieces to be included.

Seats will need to be re trimmed. ( I have someone in Germany who can do it for £1500 in leather. Just have to ship the seats to him which is very cheap via courier sites Shipley, Uship or parcel2go.

All chrome and bumpers present. lights etc I do have a duplicate sets to be included in the sale

Perfect door wood cappings.

Dash wood will need re veneering. There is a company that restore it and was quoted £400 to do the whole set of dash and doors. Trying to remember their names but do have it somewhere.

They featured on Wheeler dealers. The Mk 2 Jaguar episode I think.

I will be bringing the car back to the UK and happy to show the car in the Netherlands now if there is genuine interest.

I am at that point where do I continue and finish the car off or take a financial hit on it now and put the money towards a CSL or perfectly done CSi as Im getting impatient to have my forever car.

I would be looking for £25,000 or best offer.

The car is not going to be advertised anywhere else for the time being to see if there is any interest from fellow E9 forum members here or worldwide.

If you are in the classic car trade. There is a good return on investment once painted.

If you have any questions with regards to viewing/buying it.

Please DM me

If you have a more general question about the car. Please ask away on my post.

I will check my messages and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your time
BMW CS restoration pictures 5.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 6.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 4.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures.jpg
BMW CS restoration pictures 2.jpg
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG

Attachments

• BMW CS restoration pictures 7.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 116
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 8.jpg
    BMW CS restoration pictures 8.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 120
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 9.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 121
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 10.jpg
    BMW CS restoration pictures 10.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 114
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 12.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 114
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 13.jpg
    BMW CS restoration pictures 13.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 124
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 121
  • BMW CS restoration pictures 9.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 122

Obsession

Reaction score
Thank you!!

Lots of interest in the car.

Yes. He is UK based.

But its going to be painted by my restorer in Holland where it is it now

Eventually going to Australia as a retirement resto mod project for the owner...

Who also has commissioned a Singer Porsche!!

A super cool man to chat to, that loves cars.

I am on the hunt for another E9.

Had all these grand ideas of something modern and quick etc

But I went to see a CSA E9 last month in Germany.

Im hoping we can come to an agreement as its been done well. But id like to do a few things to it. Thottle bodies. etc but he is way off on price.

we shall see!!

Ill be buying another E9 for sure.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good luck with your hunt to buy a E9....

My mate is looking to buy a RHD csi....he's still on the hunt...looking for a few months now...

dj_efk

Reaction score
@sandhu

Hmm I’m thinking of selling mine if your friend would like a fully sorted 3 owner, full history Turkis 2800 with fully rebuilt engine, excellent body and leather interior plus some subtle mechanical updates (123 ignition, 5 speed...). second oldest RHD coupe in the UK.

Obsession

Reaction score
@sandhu

Hmm I’m thinking of selling mine if your friend would like a fully sorted 3 owner, full history Turkis 2800 with fully rebuilt engine, excellent body and leather interior plus some subtle mechanical updates (123 ignition, 5 speed...). second oldest RHD coupe in the UK.

Have you got more pictures of the car, Any resrotation work, welding etc

How much is it??

Thanks

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@sandhu

Thxs for your kind offer , but my mate only wants to buy a RHD csi !!!