1973 2002Tii on BAT Stage 3 modified by H&B

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Local Austin boy selling his pride and joy. This is a wonderful car that Jason drives regularly. He's taken very good care of it in his 18 years of stewardship. The H&B provenance is so cool... just about every Alpina bit that could be had at the time was put on this car by H&B; less than a handful of cars got this treatment. I've drooled on this car for years and it will make the new owner very happy, I'm sure.

1587130199285.png

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah saw that yesterday, I had a brief moment of selling mine for this, but I recovered. Love this car.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a very cool '02. yes, i looked through the pics and started dreaming too. lets see, sell the 911 and buy a tii .. then reality sinks in, this will cost me money i don't have

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow! I’m thinking this is one of those unicorn cars that will do well despite the market. I wonder how many tickets he’s received ripping up the hill country & around the lake?

Ed, Forgive my 02 ignorance. I’m assuming the Turbo brakes are more desirable, but I don’t understand why that’s the case w drums in the back?

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, Forgive my 02 ignorance. I’m assuming the Turbo brakes are more desirable, but I don’t understand why that’s the case w drums in the back?

There are no ignorant questions, as they say, Jay. Turbo brakes on a 2002 would consist of larger diameter drums in the rear from 230mm to 250mm and larger discs in the front. The discs were thicker and the calipers wider to accommodate them. In some rare instances, the discs were vented, but those were typically reserved to a very limited Alpina option.

Some 2002 brake info on this recent thread over on FAQ (from our own Stevehose). The thread veered from the original query, but led down an interesting path of rear discs and then back to front discs...turbo, Alpina, etc...

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This 2002 Tii rocks!

It really does, Andrew... the Stage 3 engine alone is artwork, with the internal mods and that wicked A4 injection system; but the suspension bits are almost never seen anymore. Inverted rear shocks (the cylinders were moved to the top in an effort to reduce unsprung weight), inverted strut inserts, too. The Alpina sway bars, the Dogleg 5 speed, a true BMW option 3.64 LSD rearend.... it really does check all the boxes. Jason is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, too. He's really taken wonderful care of it, while still enjoying it.

Ed

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Killer car for sure.....didn't meet reserve....does anyone know if a side deal was struck? Trying times......maybe take the money and run if really wants to sell. Doesn't seem super unreasonable high offer, it's not perfect, all the bits are there, but that's why I like it even more maybe? Honest car!! Rare these days!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Killer car for sure.....didn't meet reserve....does anyone know if a side deal was struck? Trying times......maybe take the money and run if really wants to sell. Doesn't seem super unreasonable high offer, it's not perfect, all the bits are there, but that's why I like it even more maybe? Honest car!! Rare these days!
The Sleeper Car of the Year. Looks so harmless.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
beautiful car, but seriously, if he wants north of $65k for it, you can get TWO decent Tiis for that.