1973 3.0 CS Alpina

barely03

Reaction score
This car is for sale in England. Anybody want to venture a guess on what this car would be worth over here?

Barely03

barely03

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the price on the Alpina is 79,000GBP (@$129,000 US).

Barely03

Nash

Reaction score
Tough car to value.

Its a CS, so no lightweight panels, but it sounds like it has all the Alpina bits added by a BMW dealer.

It is LHD and then supposedly a great restoration, thats great news.

If its as nice as claimed in the body and engine, strange no engine pictures though and I would need paperwork confirming that interior before I could live with the seats as they are.

There are two ways to look at it, is it worth as much as a CSL? I don't know, I'd struggle with justifying that. Good LHDs are definitely in that area now and substantially more for a good Carb car.

Probably more appropriate, is taking the value of a CS restored to the same degree ( yet to be established how good) and adding a percentage for the Alpina bits done in period. Is that percentage 25% or 50%, as I said its a tough one.

BTW, John, that Tiaga Green car sold a long time ago, I'd like to say a year or 18 months ago and I think it sold in just a couple of days. IMHO …...RHD CSLs won't stay down where they are for much longer. They will always be worth less than LHD, but the gap is starting to be significant enough, that the novelty of a RHD even though they are City Pack cars will become appealing.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car is for sale in England. Anybody want to venture a guess on what this car would be worth over here?

Barely03

Windshield wiper is on the wrong side, it should be on the driver side which is left even if the car is in England.

Nice car!

shanon

Reaction score
nice

A hens tooth!

Intersting no alpina wheel, or shift knob. Wonder if it has a dead pedal and which tranny?alpina fonts look a bit large based on old pics