1973 3.0 cs carpet

inmantua1

Reaction score
Help. I have a silver 1973 3.0 cs with blue leather and almost perfect blue carpet but the driver side front carpet piece is missing. I am online trying to see if I can replace the piece or the whole carpet set but not sure if the color is correct to begin with. I seem to have a two tone loop and only am finding monotone loops for replacements. does anyone know what should be in my car and where I can get replacements?

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Original carpet--was/is two-tone German loop

1) try a quality trim shop that does early Euro cars--there are shops around SoCal that have the oriiginal trim sample books and some of the material is said to be available

2) worldupholstery.com

3) lastly--the original carpet can be removed carefully--thoroughly washed using mild scrub brush and bio-degradable soap--flush and do again until completely clean--will often come uot better than you may suspect

FYI--Blumax still has original carpet that has been cared for as above--all carpet is still original at 408,000 miles--not perfect but servicable--and now protected front and rear by cocomats from cocomats.com