1973 3.0 CS for sale in Northern Michigan VIN 2240544

Noish

Reaction score
For your consideration is my 1973 3.0 CS coupe in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm the 3rd owner of the car. It's a California car and I brought it with me when I escaped from the West Coast. It has 214k miles on it. It's essentially unrestored. Apparently it had the engine rebuilt in the mid 90's by the 2nd owner. It's a San Diego car and much of the work was done at the well-known coupe repair shop La Jolla Independent. I asked Carl about an engine rebuild prior to leaving Southern California and he laughed at me, "Why would you rebuild it, it runs great!" I haven't done anything drastic to it in the 4 years I've owned it other than drive it and change the oil occasionally; it runs well and I am loathe to mess with it. The interior is showing its age, of course. It's a 4-speed and the syncros between 1st and 2nd are worn; it likes to be double-clutched or shifted at higher rpms. It shifts like every other old manual bmw I've had.
IMG_4928.jpg

I did the headlight relay mod so the headlights are bright. Taillights are rather dim so I think they may need rewiring. The driver's side floorpan was rusted so I had a new piece of steel put in. I did add a retrosound stereo system and new front-center speaker (not original but I wanted to be able to stream music, and the old stereo wasn't original anyways). Turn signals work. Horn works. I put new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap in when I got it.

What's good about it: Runs awesome. Leaks essentially no oil (no puddles on the garage floor, a bit seen on the engine - I never have had to refill oil in the car). Front windows work slowly. Sunroof works great. Tool kit is mostly intact. As far as I know, most of it is original.

What doesn't work: Rear window motors don't work. Left rear seatbelt doesn't extend or retract. Door locks don't work. Body rust is occasional but probably on par for a California car. The leather on the front seat is worn through but the rest of the seats are in awesome shape. It has some bondo-like panels in the bonnet where I assume there was rust - I think this was added in the 90's. It's been repainted blue (again in the 90's) but I think its original color was perhaps Inca Orange - paint code is 08 I think.

I'm asking 18k for it. Serious folks can message me and we can talk more about it if interested. Although I haven't posted much on this forum, it's been an excellent resource for me.

Thanks,
Tim
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4926.jpg
IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg
IMG_4929.jpg
IMG_4930.jpg
IMG_4931.jpg
IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

Noish

Reaction score
The color code is listed below - one of the forum users thinks it might be ceylon gold. The wheel well has some rust as shown below.
tim
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
IMG_4933.jpg
IMG_4935.jpg
IMG_4936.jpg
IMG_4937.jpg
IMG_4938.jpg