1973 3.0CS is lot # W307 at Mecum

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold for $70K. The buyer's fee is 10%. I don't know if that was added to the "sold" price on the website.
I'm sure the redone seats added to the auction price. Now I'm glad that's one of the many things I did to my car when I first bought it.
The PO told me the seats needed to be redone. He gave me some wise advice.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, one of my neighbors and a couple of his friends are there, but they are looking for 1960s Mustangs.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
nice rig. Not so sure about that wood interior. looks like the shellac was laid on pretty heavy.

Not a fan of that rear spoiler.

Other than that, ya, Mecum not the right venue for BMWs of this vintage.

DALIGUY

Reaction score
Sold for $70K. The buyer's fee is 10%. I don't know if that was added to the "sold" price on the website.
I'm sure the redone seats added to the auction price. Now I'm glad that's one of the many things I did to my car when I first bought it.
The PO told me the seats needed to be redone. He gave me some wise advice.
I was the buyer, you can look over vehicle details in my album. Dana Mecum is a personal friend. Car was understated and another white E9 that was also Zie-barted sold first;
no one advertised they both were rust proofed since new. I bought it home and am very impressed as it came with two trunks of OEM parts as part of the sale.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There is a FuelFed cars & coffee the last Sunday of every month-April 24- in Ft Lauderdale. You should drive up and let us see your Coupe.
8-10 AM at Hardy Park Bistro. There are several BMW's every month.