1973 BMW 3.0 CS E9 Part Completed Project ZERO RUST

Bavarian E9

Reaction score
Hi everyone just purchased this couple weeks ago and as peter suggested ill post some just got it pics, don't have any more as car is in storage at moment.
If any one has any suggestions and tips on how about going on this project, will be appreciated

e9.jpg
e9.jpg
e9.jpg
e9.jpg

Attachments

• e9 2.jpg
    e9 2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 166
  • e9 3.jpg
    e9 3.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 184
  • e9 4.jpg
    e9 4.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 179
  • e9 5.jpg
    e9 5.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 194
  • e9 6.jpg
    e9 6.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 172
  • e9 7.jpg
    e9 7.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 177
  • e9 8.jpg
    e9 8.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 177
  • e9 9.jpg
    e9 9.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 169
  • e9 10.jpg
    e9 10.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 171
Allot of very interesting fabrication going on there, are you going to drop in a more powerful engine or is that the condition it was in when you purchased it? I think it will be difficult to fit the rear window mechanics in there with the extra bracing but it looks pretty solid. Thanks for posting the pics, I think this will be another really interesting build. Any background information on the entire project would be fun to hear about-

Peter

Hi thanks no not sure what engine will be going for as of yet as previous owner made these modifications to use as a track car, will be contacting to previous owner to see if he has any more info on the metal work done to date. Have shown to two metal workers so far both who have said metal work done so far is good and 90% complete, (is that about right?) the second metal worker does lead welding a dying art here in the UK, So would you fill in the nose cone piece and bits and bobs with lead filler rather then normal filler.

Thanks In Advance

Hamad

image.png
Firstly get remaining bodywork completed and the all important decision of choosing a colour the stance works black looks stunning. Not sure how much a paint job like that might cost so will wait and see if within budget, as for engine I've been told can get e24 635 engine in without too many modifications and a 5 speed manual box, if anyone has 1 for sale please let me know I'm looking for the engine with the banana manifold

Back