1973 BMW 3.0CS 5-Speed on BaT, NMNA

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
She looks pretty dry, but man, what would have caused that underrider to rust so badly? And not the rest of the car!

16361438516f90a705c4DSC_9452-scaled.jpg

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good example of how the '73 bumpers allowed for lowering the license plate so that the top of the plate rides below the top of the chrome/aluminum heckblende trim piece.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This area of the US.... This car..... Reminds me of someone here on the forum I've purchased parts from.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was just looking at this auction, and see that a comment from @Dick Steinkamp was flagged as non-constructive. From what I've read of Dick's words, his comments are always thoughtful and supportive - I can't imagine what was written that was flagged.

Writing something non-constructive is more of a trap I fall into.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was just looking at this auction, and see that a comment from @Dick Steinkamp was flagged as non-constructive. From what I've read of Dick's words, his comments are always thoughtful and supportive - I can't imagine what was written that was flagged.

Writing something non-constructive is more of a trap I fall into.
I wrote that if he paid a pro to take those dark pictures he should probably ask for his money back. Certainly snarky and not very constructive. I could have said the same thing differently.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wrote that if he paid a pro to take those dark pictures he should probably ask for his money back. Certainly snarky and not very constructive. I could have said the same thing differently.
You could ask him to adjust his LCD/monitor brightness setting down to save his eyes as he can passed potential buyer accidentally.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Makes you wonder about the market. By the limited appearances, this looked like a sensational car. How solid is the market if you take half of what this car is, goob up the underhood sheet metal originality with God knows what, put 16" wheels on it and photograph it under a disco ball and get twice as much $ as this car? Buyers who got a big PPP check and actually saw their business flourish and who discovered these cars on Knives Out are the foundation? Yikes!!

Fritzie

Reaction score
She looks pretty dry, but man, what would have caused that underrider to rust so badly? And not the rest of the car!

16361438516f90a705c4DSC_9452-scaled.jpg
I drilled a larger drain hole - 6 mm. Little bit paint at edge and ready for a flawless drain function. No rust inside and at the sheet metal