1973 Chamonix Auto trans on BaT (NMNA)

boonies

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

This one appears to be both very original and a project. It appears the window gaskets are perished and one of the photos shows rust in that area.

Missing critical pictures…

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What does visible rust under and around a front window gasket of a sunroof car suggest? Chorus comes in low and deep here.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Typical rust in the flange of the body under the window rubber usually will not progress further down. Probably needs some metal of the double flange replaced there.

Some of the undercarriage pics do look rather nice though, there are some brown spots, but it looks to be all original. Shots in the gallery looking up behind fuse and glovebox look pristine, so no break- through rust from the front strut tower (as was in my car....)

Front fender seem to inner fender is hard to asses from the pictures. There is some rust forward near the headlight lid , which means (to me) there must be about the same or more rust inside the fender. But not alarming, and I'd happily drive the car and enjoy it for a few years without worry.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fair final price.

Defintely needs the windscreens pulled and rust fixed and new seals. Won't be TOO expensive I would think?

Crusty engine compartment and auto held it back from going any further, but buyer will have a super solid/dry car to play with and drive.