1973 CS for sale

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
FB Marketplace ad in West Palm Beach
description says Fjord, but the pics look like Polaris. 5 speed but the automatic badge is still on the trunk.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the dueling license plate lights? Was original bumper without lights replaced by one with?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
1705686427241.png

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the dueling license plate lights? Was original bumper without lights replaced by one with?
As @autokunst said-- US spec car with the DOT side license plate lights, then Euro bumper added with lights below. I am experiencing this now-- just added Euro bumpers to my US car, and need to delete the side lights...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the license plate lights are an interesting dilemma. we know that some cars had the lights on the aluminum panel and covers on the holes in the bumper. this is one of those cars - they didn't know to contact @Stan to buy the covers, so they put the lights in the holes. according to @HB Chris, (in the FAQ - changes during the production run) the '73 had the lights on the panel with plastic covers on the bumper holes.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
My '73 coupe had the bulging front over-riders that were on USA 1973 Coupes for the 2.5 MPH DOT bumpers. I replaced them with the Euro style. The rear bumper is also the USA 1973 2.5 MPH with 3" spacers keeping the bumper off the sheet metal. The bumper has the cutouts for the license lights filled with plastic covers. The lights in the alum. rear panel was for USA cars. This car has both types of lights because the covers that Stan sells were missing at one time. I had the plastic covers which I replaced with the bumper lights and a chrome-plated brass panel from a 2800CS.
The color of this car sure looks to be silver and not Fjord. But the white interior usually goes with Fjord and not Polaris.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
European Coupes only have bumper lights. The 2800CS had the chromed brass center panel between the tail lights while most 3.0CS had the aluminum panel. Replaced mine with a chrome panel which looks better than the aluminum (top).

Yup, the upside down U.S. 1973 front bumperette rubber always looks awkward as "forward sweep Beiber hair style."

IMG_4660.jpeg

Athena Low Country Isle of Hope .jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Footnote: There were two styles of Hella in the bumper license plates. I had both and mounted the ones with the chrome lip. A matter taste. Ooops, no pun intended.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would never have considered white uph with Polaris...looks cool and crisp, tho...(two things i'm not...), so my Polaris isn't going white inside..even with the nice contrast welt/piping. Handsome looking car.