1973 CSL auction in Denmark

lip277

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Supercar Blonde?
Seems everyone thinks they can sell cars these days.
That being said -the CSL does look pretty clean. :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i see a few little things right off the bat - looks more like a very good survivor or an older resto. haven't looked that close or read anything about it. looks like it would be worth taking a closer look

bmw_nk

Reaction score
"Der Teufel steckt im Detail" (The devil is in the detail)

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 30
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (12).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (12).jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 35
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 31
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 31
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 32
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 35
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 31
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 31
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 29
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 30
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 35

Keshav

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is one of the rare 2275xxx fuel inject LIGHTWEIGHT specs car!

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was also on display at the Techno Classica: I found it a tad rough, but I wouldn't be ashamed...
After all it's a car that is meant to be driven.

Left door is a bit off (too high - difficult to correct and not mess up the other matching lines.)
20240406_132250.jpg

some other detailed pics that i made as a reference for building my own car; i was particularly interested in panel gaps and alignement of front end body panels, the chrome /grille bits, and the doors, so I only have pics of those corners.
20240406_132131.jpg
20240406_132139.jpg

20240406_132212.jpg

20240406_132215.jpg

20240406_132237.jpg

20240406_132243.jpg

20240406_132308.jpg

20240406_132315.jpg

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was also on display at the Techno Classica: I found it a tad rough, but I wouldn't be ashamed...
After all it's a car that is meant to be driven.

Left door is a bit off (too high - difficult to correct and not mess up the other matching lines.)
View attachment 184495

some other detailed pics that i made as a reference for building my own car; i was particularly interested in panel gaps and alignement of front end body panels, the chrome /grille bits, and the doors, so I only have pics of those corners.
View attachment 184499View attachment 184500

View attachment 184501
View attachment 184502

View attachment 184503

View attachment 184504

View attachment 184505

View attachment 184506

nice lovely devil in the details

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
One reason I don’t take my “driver grade“ car to any shows is because it would just be shamed as a total piece of throw away junk by the connoisseurs of this group. I’m always impressed with the level of knowledge, years of experience, and extreme attention to detail thats displayed by this great group. It elevates those,like myself, who are happy with ”good enough“, to a higher level of detail. I can honestly only wish for the time that would allow me to hyper focus on any one of my cars and get any single one of them to this level of imperfection.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
One reason I don’t take my “driver grade“ car to any shows is because it would just be shamed as a total piece of throw away junk by the connoisseurs of this group. I’m always impressed with the level of knowledge, years of experience, and extreme attention to detail thats displayed by this great group. It elevates those,like myself, who are happy with ”good enough“, to a higher level of detail. I can honestly only wish for the time that would allow me to hyper focus on any one of my cars and get any single one of them to this level of imperfection.
They are for driving, first and foremost. You can either pay attention to the details, or not care about the details. I pay some attention to the details, myself, but at the end of the day the driving experience and the aesthetics of a coupe from 20 feet away are what grab me. I think many feel that it doesn't cost much more (if anything) to get the details right in a restoration. Just takes some time and care.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am a big fan of people who drive their coupes - period. regardless of the grade as most coupes are not perfect garage queens ... and i am really happy about that. there is room for driver / survivor cars and restored perfection ... and everything in between.