1973 Evaporator Housing Wire Terminals

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Am beginning the interior build. There are a lot of wires! Now working on the AC wires and find some anomalies needing advice.

1) There are two wires of the AC blower black and white and brown per the schematic they go to a terminal connector - I can't find?
2) The attached photo is looking forward in car at the rear of the evaporator housing there are two wire terminals (angular) please advise what goes on these???

Thanks!

Attachments

• EVAP HOUSING WIRE TERMINALS.pdf
    126.8 KB · Views: 121

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Any chance you can post your pics in jpg or png format instead of pdf's?
OK will do in the future fortunately I found the wiring in the Blue manual and it explains the harness. HOWEVER: I cannot find the hole to insert the temperature probe for the AC switch it's not in the same location as the manual shows?? Not sure where? It must be below the AC plastic plenum? Any ideas?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK will do in the future fortunately I found the wiring in the Blue manual and it explains the harness. HOWEVER: I cannot find the hole to insert the temperature probe for the AC switch it's not in the same location as the manual shows?? Not sure where? It must be below the AC plastic plenum? Any ideas?

This should help...
020E9454-80A2-4004-821C-E4F19CACE04B.jpeg

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That is where the manual shows it also - how do I get to this once installed? do I remove the vents? Or dis-assemble the plenum?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s a notorious problem.
Either insert the probe before installing the evaporator box or drill a new hole much lower and insert there. About an inch from the bottom.

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I got the probe installed about 3/4 to 1 inch into the evaporator coil in the original hole that is a far as I could push it in.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got the probe installed about 3/4 to 1 inch into the evaporator coil in the original hole that is a far as I could push it in.
I looked at my evaporator today, I pulled the probe sleeve out of the evaporator
It was in there it's entire length about 2 1/2 to 3 inches
Then I tired to put it back in, it would only go in less than an inch
So it took the cover off and looked at it
The pipes in there are staggered vertically
The hole is between 2 pipes, then there is one right behind that
If you pushed something in further it would have to go through the a pipe
The only way the sleeve will go in further is if is is at a 45 degree angle to vertical