1973 Polaris/Navy Blue E9

73Polaris

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last fall I "won" a BaT auction for a Polaris E9, and have been lax in posting about my car for a variety of reasons. I'm located in the SF Bay Area and welcome the opportunity to interact with other E9 owners and enthusiasts. The e9coupe.com forum has been very helpful both in my initial purchase, and in the last few months. Shout out to Markos, HBChris, Keshav and to SFDon who have been specifically very helpful to me as we sort out the car.

I've got a few things going on at the moment, not the least of which is getting the car registered in California, after importing it from Vancouver, Canada. I think that process should conclude favorably by the end of the month, but the California DMV moves in mysterious ways so my fingers are crossed. Thanks to HBChris for the help.

Keshav helped me source a CSL style Petri wheel, it really transforms the look and feel of driving the car. Great upgrade.

Don has already taken a whack out of my budget by installing 16 inch staggered Alpinas and new tires, installing a Schrick camshaft 284 with MSPNP2 ECU, and going thru the engine bay and swapping everything that was questionable. Don and his band of merry E9 wrenchers have been a joy to work with.

Next on the agenda is to install new shocks and a set of lowering springs. The car today sits 1-2 inches too high, and lowering it slightly will really help the stance. Hope to have that accomplished in the next month or so.

I've attached a few photos.

Attachments

• Drivers side.jpg
    Drivers side.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Engine Bay2.jpg
    Engine Bay2.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Drivers side 2.jpg
    Drivers side 2.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Engine Bay 1.jpg
    Engine Bay 1.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Interior driver.jpg
    Interior driver.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 187

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you have selected great people to help you, @sfdon does great work ... and you have a wonderful looking coupe. well done!!! yes, you need lowering springs

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great job! It's beautiful and will be even better when the new springs arrive! Looks like you found some of the best people around to help you out, smart move :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
one VERY minor note. on the front left side of your hood, the wire for the under hood light should go into the small hole (with a grommet) rather than up to the next (bigger) hole. that way very little of the wire will be visible.

one other minor thing ... and i could be wrong, somebody with a 3.0cs comment on the wiper washer hose routing. i had a picture when M5bb and i were looking into the correct route, but of course i can't find it now.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree, it’s looking very, very nice! I agree with Scott, washer hose stays outside of where the jets are, there are small holes for the clips to hold the hose in place in center of hood which I can see in your pic.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s the new guy at the shop- Darren.
Retired Commander from USCG. Does great work but I was out of pocket when car was delivered so I take the whoops - not him.
We will fix! Thanks guys... :)

73Polaris

Site Donor $
Reaction score
one VERY minor note. on the front left side of your hood, the wire for the under hood light should go into the small hole (with a grommet) rather than up to the next (bigger) hole. that way very little of the wire will be visible.

one other minor thing ... and i could be wrong, somebody with a 3.0cs comment on the wiper washer hose routing. i had a picture when M5bb and i were looking into the correct route, but of course i can't find it now.

Does anyone know where I can buy the rubber grommet that goes into the small hole where the under hood light wire feeds into the underside of the hood? I checked W&N and did not see this available. Does anyone have the part number? Thanks.