1974 3.0CS $122K Scottsdale, AZ NMNA

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmm ... i take exception to the terms collector quality and investment grade ...

nice looking car, but certainly not a great car - too many little things. vin 4335050 started life as a '74 CSA for the USA market. according to the registry, this car has a 3.5L and a 5 speed. no description of what 3.5L is in the car. probably a m30/b34 ... maybe a b35. the trim seems to have a lot of scratches / pitting. not a real fan of the wood.

so here's the first question, if its a '74 USA car, what happened to the trunk braces? and where are the little humps on either side of the rear trunk panel for the trunk lid stops? no pics of the underside, gas tank or spare tire well to see if this car has been crashed and had the rear clip replaced ... but something isn't correct here.
1704171212604.jpeg

look at the antenna - that is not the correct Hirschmann antenna. no wheel arch covers, no trunk floor carpet ... and what's with the carpet on the parcel shelf behind the rear seat - maybe i'm wrong on that, but i thought that was supposed to be vinyl to match the seats

coupeking alpinas instead of real alpinas - nice wheels but not investment / collector grade ... yet the description states Alpina alloys

there are a lot of scratches / pitting on the trim. looks like the rubber gaskets are missing where the front bumper brackets go through the front apron.
1704172048181.jpeg

the rear bumpers are missing the underriders.

the 74 had black wipers, not silver ones, and that looks wrong with black hood / fender grilles. i don't see the 74 wiper motor cover

RDSChicago

Reaction score
Great observations! Seems like the price is more than 100% over fair market value from what I’ve been observing in the marketplace lately.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
only bid to 28k in 2019. interesting to see the pics from 2019 as the trunk also had the 'bumps' on the rear panel above the lights. not sure what happened between 2019 and now. i would be curious to see if the gas tank was the 74 tank or the early tank. in the pics on this for sale ad, it looks like the tank filler is at more of an angle than normal on a pre 74 coupe. i suspect that somebody just cut the braces off an made new floor boards.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the wood and speaker cover delet offend my eyes. not a Chaminoix or Artic I can see. speakers on carpeted parcel shelf, ugh. clean but unnecessary and expensive removal of the trunk braces

they must have forgotten to post those 166 photos of the undercarriage.

overpriced by half.

JBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Im in Scottsdale for car week and actually went to check this car out in person today.
Presents well. Didn’t drive it or anything but interior was pretty, firewall, fusebox area, looked great. Definitely a solid car.
One weary area is driver side rear corner, shows evidence of an accident, trim doesn’t line up same way as passenger side. Evidence of touch up paint, body work. Didn’t get a great picture but definitely something funky going on in that corner.

Attachments

• IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 38