1974 3.0cs - San Francisco

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I remember that sold last year on ebay for under $30k. But had the diving board bumper on the front then

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A '74 with earlier seat upholstery?????? Weird combination of big rear bumper and '73 or earlier seats.

The seats must have been swapped at some point. The car has 74 seatbelts including the little hooks that screw into the rear wood. The rear outside arm rests don't have the recess for the seatbelt though. I can't make out the material on the door panels. It doesn't look like it is perforated or the earlier weave pattern (whatever that is called). The arm rests aren't covered in leather, they are actually white.

I think it's a pretty cool color combination. The car looks nice overall, just not $70K nice.

I remember that sold last year on ebay for under $30k. But had the diving board bumper on the front then

I thought it was the one with the painted valve cover you had asked about, but no...

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/custom-m30-valve-cover.23484/

Dohn

Reaction score
Convinces me I don't want to remove my front diving board and leave the back one; looks ungainly. Like the color combo, the wheels not so much. Trunk is interesting. For $70k the engine compartment should be immaculate.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos,

Look closely at the seat belt from the back seat to the front. It is supposed to go horizontally from the tensioner at about the same level as the wood trim to the 'hanger' just behind the door opening (bolt for the hanger actually goes through the wood. In this car, it looks like the belt runs diagonally to somewhere near the B column. Certainly earlier car seats, don't understand the seat belt installation.

I too like the color. Kind of reminds me of that first e9 I ever saw - NYC Auto Show 1970. Nachtblau with white interior. Lusted immediately, took 3 years to find one - but an auto 2..8 with black interior. Lasted until I found the '73 Nachtblau manual with tan interior in '75. That lasted until the rust worms started winning ('81).

But, the trunk 'lining' in what appears to be tan fabric/carpet just 'isn't right' for the rest of the trim