1974 BMW 3.0CS 4-Speed

starcruiser

Reaction score
Nice looking Coupe paired with different wheels.

1724418137693.png

Mixed bag, I like the staggered Hartge rims, they need refurbishing though.
- Wiper wing on passenger side...
- Sealed beams...
- Spray painted door lock mechanism, door brake...
- Blood stains on carpet?
- No elephant skins.
- Very few tools
- Missing strut bearing cap
- I do not think the key works for all locks, they seem totally different keys

@2000CS do you know what the line is going thru the firewall iin the pics above?
Doug,
Think just wiring. Have wiring coming from inside dash area into heater compartment. Branches to wiper motor (and possibly heater fan?) then crosses over to passenger side, following path of hood latch wire. Looks like it exits heater compartment parallel to drain tube and goes under washer tank. Could be for AC or manual fan control or electronic ignition box on inner fender or washer pump....
Ask the owner (Dr. Barrera)
Carlos

Yes, lots of wiring going on there. Just seems risky making a possible water leaking source right above the fuse box.

28CDDE1E-3AB9-4538-ADAF-15FB706EC496.jpeg

I drove and had a nice conversation with Carlos Barrera about his coupe today. My comments are now on BaT. He bought the car from the 2nd owner in 1989.
He bought an E28 on BaT and the Coupe just sits in his garage. The firewall wiring harness is 1974 and leads to the ignition coil. His mechanic disabled the electronic ignition that's on the passenger inner fender. Korman Autoworks repaired all of the rusted floors and frame rails. The previous owner let the car sit outside on wet grass.
Korman contracted out the paintwork in the engine bay and door jambs. The 2024 paint was just the outside and it is very presentable.
The engine is faster than a CSi I drove a couple of months ago and has plenty of torque in all 4 gears.
The engine builder used a Bavaria ( Chris' comments on BaT) block and the head has no BMW casting marks. The only mark on the carb side is "AMC". Does anyone know who made the head?

Attachments

• IMG_7970.jpg
    IMG_7970.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7971.jpg
    IMG_7971.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 23
AMC is a Spanish version of the M30, it has a good name, and DQ has thoroughly disassembled one I think.

Back