1974 CS at the auction -Amelia

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a nicely prepared car with a reasonable selling estimate. Adding on the buyer's premium and possible sales tax has to be considered for a Florida buyer.
I hope to see it Friday while at Amelia island.
Photo # 165 is interesting. I guess the plaque was installed to confirm the 3.5L M30 transplant.

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a nicely prepared car with a reasonable selling estimate. Adding on the buyer's premium and possible sales tax has to be considered for a Florida buyer.
I hope to see it Friday while at Amelia island.
Photo # 165 is interesting. I guess the plaque was installed to confirm the 3.5L M30 transplant.

265?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Extremely beautiful car that I can see going for $120k.

Too bad that w/the bumper conversion, they didn't remove the side markers.

Fresh resto; no curling of the shock insulation (yet):

1974-bmw-3-0-cs.webp

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t find numbers on the pics.
NFK has the correct photo--#265. You have to pause at the photos and lift them up to see the #'s in the left-hand corner. The plate says the engine is 3.0L so the 3.5 L swap could not be relevant. This link should be pic # 265.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Strange that it would have a CARB sticker, these usually get applied with an import vehicle to confirm smog compliance. But this was a US delivery coupe and made January 15, 1974 and a member here named Kamps16 owned it.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I met the seller's agent at the Hilton Head Concourse last year. If I remember right, Harrison's dad owns a coupe that he drives from time to time. This probably helped the auction.