1974 CS in Hemmings

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks fairly solid. I like the toolkit.

People in the '80s were so paranoida bout door dings. I'd rather have door dings and have them later fixed, then put on those ugly side mouldings.

INterior looks good. Too bad about the door panel speakers and funky lights on them.

No price, so probably too embarrased to advertise how high they want. I figure they want $50k.

I'd rather have that San Diego one for under $20k and do a "cheap" $30k resto.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In a CCA ad June 2016 asking $65K in San Bruno CA. With uber-rare emissions decal in left rear quarter window.

Last edited:

TobyT

Reaction score
I was told $66,000 but they are still working on the write-up.

As a newbie: Is an automatic less valuable than a stick shift? Many CSA's are converted to manual and that doesn't seam to affect value. Or upgraded to 5 speed from 4.
Conversion is costly are CSA's discounted?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
naaah ... this one doesn't do it for me, at least for that kinda money. Chris is right, a 5 speed adds value.

hmmm .... what bothers me the most - the speakers on the door panels, followed by the metal plate next to the accelerator pedal. then the metal plate on the tool box. and what is that switch for to the left of the light switch?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There appear to be 2 switches left of the light switch with one missing. Also a hole by the ignition switch for another switch? Strange plate by the accel pedal, inquiring minds want to know what that is for.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fog light switch? Lots of originality: trunk, one piece carpets, complete tool kit, Inspection Sticker underhood, 74 emissions equipment, missing the 74 automatic reservoir, nice dash, two plugs above radio on A/C panel (?), headliner, it’s just those silly bumper guards, wheel well trims, rear wheel chrome splash guard ala 2002 and side rub strips. Accelerator pedal plate instead of carpet protector.