1975 3.0 CSi Euro Restoration

HusseinBM

Reaction score
Hello E9Coupe Forum,

I am currently getting my BMW E9 CSi European version restored... I have done a common engine swap of 1991 535i 3.5 L along with later version of Fuel Injection. However, my current challenge is the electrical wiring. Has anyone done similar swap and is there a link where I can refer to for the modified wiring diagram and pictures?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rob Siegel aka thehackmechanic on this forum has a 3.0 CSi with an L-Jet conversion. So contacting him is probably your best bet.

HusseinBM

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I spoke with Rob but did his L Jet conversion 20 years ago and cannot help me with my issue. Any other suggestion on the wiring of after the 1991 3.5 L engine swap... I am desperate to get my car finished. I would appreciate any suggestions.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think i am going in the same direction as Chris' thoughts. if you are putting in a b35, why would you go L jet. i can see putting in an L jet intake manifold, but i would put in the full motronic using the L jet intake. much more stable than the basic L jet

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hussein,

You never mentioned L-Jet in your first post. You said 3.5 L, which I assume meant 3.5 liter. A 1991 535i didn’t have L-Jet. Why is everyone talking about it?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hussein has a 1991 m30b35 Engine .
He is installing motronic 1.3 with 179 ecu.
He needs a wiring harness and instructions.
Carl is providing injector adapters.

Rek

Reaction score
Yes- there is a thread as I completed this and it was very simple, with help from that thread. Let me look it up and post it. SFDon helped me a lot with this. If you have the engine harness, its simple. Without it, more challenging.

HusseinBM

Reaction score
Hi Rek,

Thanks a lot... I am already in talks with SFDon and he is going to make a harness for me. Thanks for sharing the information and pics as they will also help.