1975 3.0 CSI (UK)

E3_UK

Reaction score
Is anyone in the UK familiar with this car ?. It sold at Anglia auctions last November for £50,760 so obviously someone wheeling and dealing (same person has another E9 for sale also bought at auction last year but up for 2x the auction result!!!!!). I am tentatively considering entering into E9 ownership, but would actually prefer a carburetted car however this one "looks" ok but obviously that doesn't mean much. There are no details about previous restoration unfortunately and I'm too scared to ask incase I get reeled in :)

Not familiar with the car but I don't think it's been restored - might be a well preserved original car - only inspection will tell.

MOT history shows about 60 miles in 20+ years, so I'd budget on some re-commissioning at the very least... I wonder if the seller would put the car in for an MOT...

I have a sunroof in my own car - I don't think it made the rot in the sills that much worse in my case, but the roof panel was a mess - that vinyl roof could be covering a multitude of sins.

Agreed that the vinyl roof might have been added to mask an issue

These were fitted to the end of the production run in the UK for series II cars (mine included) to spice them up a little. This is an earlier car so may have been added by the owner. Other than that it looks good and is probably worth further investigation.

Also it would be good to know what lies beneath the sound insulation on top of the strut towers - they are notorious for promoting and hiding rust ...

Thanks for the replies. Initially it concerns me that it has been bought just to flip for a profit, meaning the buyer probably isn't at all bothered about the condition as long as he makes his profit. This is made even worse by the fact that he has another E9 for sale, bought last year for around £24k (suspiciously cheap) and now up for £44k. I would rather buy from an enthusiast not a disguised dealer (sales are showing as private). If I was nearby I would definitely have a look but it's too far to travel on the off chance it's a decent buy. I guess I'll keep searching.

Last edited:
Have the E9 inspected by a E9 expert and then decide if it’s a good E9 or not for you to buy
Better to pay for a car inspection , that will cost you say around 1k ish for a peace of mind
Than end up with a lemon and waste 50k plus

That’s my 2 pennies worth

I'd be interested to know what causes the surface of the rain gutter in front of the right front window corner to look no-flat; it seems like there is bubbling unerneath the red paint?
1720805130974.png

Looks like there's some rust along the lip of the boot as well. Which isn't necessarily a deal breaker - just noting it.

Back