1975 3.0CS w/Sunroof

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Awesome car! If truly minimal rust (looks like it), that would be a good buy. Unless you absolutely need AC.

munkmunk

Reaction score
Hi Andrew. Not sure what the dot at the top center of the gauge cluster is. Maybe an indicator light of some kind? Yes, rust is truly minimal.

Steve

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMG_3187.JPG
Met seller today- nice guy.
Euro car with later '85 head and non matching block
Tarpaper is non stock and evidence of metalwork on top
Wheelwells show rust and missing sheet metal.
This car needs extensive repairs to be a collector or daily driver

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hah! I was just looking at this today and thinking to myself: "is this a better candiate than mine for full restoration?". Thanks for the update. Clearly there are different interpretations of "Solid original body with no serious rust." Back to the same for me... this car is likely not much better than mine and ultimately when you get an E9 under 40k a fair amount of corrective work is inevitable...

Thanks for the update on the car SFDon!

munkmunk

Reaction score
Not to refute SFDon, but I'd love to get some additional expert eyes and input on the front inner wheel wells. I took some pretty detailed photos of the front wheel well interiors with a focus on the shock tower areas. Here they are:

https://goo.gl/photos/RA32EryKmu6qB3gM9

Passenger side shows the most rust, but I took a screwdriver to the rusty areas and they are solid. So it would appear to me they are (at least for now) just areas of heavy surface rust. Driver side looks better. SF Don mentioned some sheet metal pieces are missing, so there's likely been some prior repair work to the shock tower areas? I think with some good cleaning and targeted application of rust inhibitor (e.g. POR-15), my car could be enjoyed as a daily driver for quite a while, until the next owner decides to do a full restoration. Here are a few more photos after it was detailed today:

https://goo.gl/photos/nNvGmA6Ywjfh9XCX8

Thanks guys!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks totally "savable" but will need a full strip down to address everything correctly-and- to make sure there are no unseen gremlins, good luck with the sale, the price looks reasonable for where you're at. Also, since non matching engine (which is not necessarily a problem) it would be nice to get some information on the swap. Compression numbers you've given are very helpful!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Let me be clear- the structural steel pieces that hold the car together at the bulkhead have been removed
Altogether 5 pieces from each side are missing including the " supporting strut" that supports the strut assembly.