1975 BMW 3.0 CS"L" B7S Alpina Turbo

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw this one for sale, quite interesting car exept the interior, in my opinion. Do you think the asking price is realistic? 99.500€

[URL="http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=235888903&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&isSearchRequest=true&scopeId=C&categories=SportsCar&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1975-12-31&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3500&pageNumber=1"]http://suchen.mobile.de/bmw3.0cs[/URL]
http://dls-automobile.de/en/bmw-3-0-cs-leichtbau-m-alpina-b7s-turbo-technik/

Quick google translate:

No.

It is not an "original" CS "L".

This one weighs only 150 kg less than a CS "L", it has significantly more than double the engine power as a CS "L", a chassis and brakes, of which CS "L" drivers can only dream, and a motor, Which is not without reason a milestone in engine development - the drive of the Alpina B7 S turbo, only finer ....

They are looking at the work of a step-by-step project, which has been carried out over a period of more than 20 years and has been crowned with a crowning ending in the form shown by us.

As a result, you will see a fully restored BMW E9 coupe from the body shell, where the journey was to be completed from the beginning of the master's work. Reinforced bodywork at the neuralgic points, complete, overhauled power train of an Alpina B7S turbo with clear modifications, dimensioned charge air cooler as well as all other engine peripherals such as exhaust system, turbocharger size, etc., KW - coilover, modified and drastically strengthened Brake system, plastic hoods on the front and rear, plastic doors left and right, Plexi-thin glass all the way up to the front window and window, no electr. Window lifter more (only manual driver's side), 110 liter- Renntank in trunk, 3-pcs. BBS - RS-rims with Toyo Semislick tires (street-legal) and, as you can imagine, hundreds of other details that make this vehicle an absolute solitaire.

The uniqueness of this unbelievable combination of one of the nicest coupes in combination with a performance performance at the highest level of performance is crowned only by the TÜV approved modifications of all constructional changes with H approval and turns this dream coupe into a road racing racing car , Which has no contact with the most modern super sports cars of today's production.

If the pilot of this vehicle is embarrassed about the performance of this vehicle, we strongly recommend choosing a closed race track. On a public road, it is not even possible to touch on what this coupe is capable of.

We will shortly have a current value and condition report available, which we gladly make available to the interested reader.

Please contact us for further information. We would like to ask you for your understanding that we will only be able to test drive if we are convinced of the concrete interest and maturity of our counterpart.

P1020073-930x620.jpeg

P1020095-930x620.jpeg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Front tire size is 205/55r16, rear is 245/45r16. But no idea on wheel width and ET.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car has been for sale for about a year now. Likely due to the inflated price. Despite the Alpina reference, it isn't an Alpina car or a tribute car. Being faster or lighter than a factory CSL has no bearing on the value, other than the value of the engine upgrades. Like any 'drift' e30 on craigslist, the car isn't built/spec'ed for racing and lacks oem street amenities. The market for this car has been narrowed to a select few.

I still love it, especially the wheel tire combo. It isn't going to fetch $100K though...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMHO if it had a stock interior it would be insanely cool. I am unsure if I like the center exhaust placement, it might look better with 2 pipes out the center or one on each side.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Part of the write up, had to translate!
Straight 6 cylinder turbo, 309 kW/420 Hp, 0-100 km/h in 4.2 sec, 100-200 km/h unter 10 sec., Vmax approx. 300 km/h
I can go with the 0-200 in under 15secs, but top speed 300, in an E9 street car. Hmmmmmm, I'm sweating already.
That center exhaust was the solution in the late 80's when the boys and gals were putting in the early M5 engines.
But the real surprise is that he got the car thru German TÜV and H (historic) plates with ALL plexiglass to include the windshield and non period correct parts.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That interior ruins it. If you're going to have a track car, you'd want the full CSL race body kit on it.

Too much money for a 735i Turbo engine transplant. S38 would be more closer to being worth it.