1975 BMW 3.0Si E3 Sedan Ca. Blue Plate

bimmerbros

Reaction score
THE OVERVIEW
Offered for an apprciating new owner is this rare classic 1975 BMW 3.0Si E3 chassis sedan!
Finished in Chamonix white over original blue leather hides, this 1975 3.0Si, the continuation of the "Bavaria" series that ran until 1976, this E3 chassis 3.0Si features the fuel-injected 3.0 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the factory automatic transmission. This is a blue license plate California car recently acquired from the original Sacramento area physician owner. It is a solid platform for a great driver or a concourse restoration project. It has a few needs cosmetically and mechanically but has solid bones with an "A-" for originality. It has electric windows, 14" alloy wheels with new rubber [and matching fifth wheel as a spare], original Becker am/fm radio, leather seating and four-wheel disc brakes. Whatever the intention for this car, it is a great find for ABOUT THE COST OF THE SALES TAX ON AN ENTRY LEVEL 328i!

THE BODY AND TRIM
As I hope is articulated in the photos here the body and trim of this car are in fair to good definitively "imperfect" condition overall. The somewhat original chamonix white paint shows fairly well from about 10' away with a structurally very rust-free body. Upon closer inspection you will find some light lacquer checking to the paint surfaces, many small touched up rock chips and general nicks and blemished including a rough rashed area on the B pillars as well as a significant crack in the front windshield. As you can see in the spare tire well in the trunk, this is a very dry car underneath free of any major bubbling rust areas on the body. The bumpers and trim look to be original and presentable.

THE INTERIOR
The interior of this 1975 BMW is in quite original condition overall with excellent original headliner, nice wood trim on the door and dash panels. The front seat upholstery has some tearing and wear on the passenger seat leather cover. The non-working odometer shows 111,xxx miles but true mileage on this car is unknown. The radio powers up but no sound. Two of the windows are not functioning. The vinyl dash cover is surprisingly good condition as is the original blue loop carpeting. Lights and blinkers all work well as do the ancillary gauges. The A/C is NOT blowing cold.

THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This classic BMW starts, runs and drives well but not great! The engine runs fairly smooth though a bit low on power. The car runs hot quickly. I have not had the situation diagnosed though my mechanic just installed a hard-to-reach water hose behind the engine head. The braking is decent with good pedal feel, the transmission shifts smoothly up and down. Overall the car goes down the road fairly well though could use a going through to be more roadworthy and enjoyable

SEE MANY PHOTOS HERE: https://picasaweb.google.com/bimmerbros

PLEASE CALL 650-307-2251 FOR QUESTIONS, TEST DRIVES OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS

robinasu

Reaction score
Hello

Evan, you have great luck finding the CS's. PM me when you get another in stock, if you remember. Favorite. Car. Ever. I am up in SF.