1980 BMW 633csi Many Modifications

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5580388679.html

I have been in contact with seller and car is a great candidate for an E9 restomod project. The shell is too rusted but it has many parts that are worth the asking price. The owner wasn't too aware of what he had. Via email I was able to confirm the following.

It has a Getrag dogleg 5-speed transmission.

It has modified suspension.

It has Scheel seats.

It has a Callaway turbo setup engine.

I would bet it has a LSD also based on the other modifications.

If I was anywhere close I would have snagged this up.

I've been watching this one but haven't talked to the owner. I totally agree that it's a great donor car. Is he flexible on the price? I'm only curious as there is no way I could take on another donor.

I've been watching this one but haven't talked to the owner. I totally agree that it's a great donor car. Is he flexible on the price? I'm only curious as there is no way I could take on another donor.

I did not discuss price with him but did let him know he had some desirable components on the car. If interested I suggest you get in touch with him.

rear seats...

What color do you need? I have several just up the road from you...shipping from Seattle would be a killer....

oops, meant to send as email///

Thanks

Al Taylor
[email protected]

Last edited:
I'll buy the rear seats if someone parts this out

Good to meet you at the Vintage.... At least I think it was you I was talking to after the show in front of the Bavaria behind the hotel.

I just bought this car. Sadly there is no LSD but there are some other good bits on top of a very bad shell. I also have two other E24 donors. Are you after black rears specifically?

Wow awesome!

We post a lot of "not mine" stuff here. It isn't for naught because members actually pull the trigger on a lot of these parts and cars. It makes it worthwhile in my opinion!

Likewise, yeah that was me. Picking up the replacement hood for my new 02 I bought from Dave. Sorry I didn't stay and chat long, the sirens at Sierra Nevada were calling....

I think Al's got a set of seats for me but if that falls through I'll ping you. I'm looking to put some different seats in the rear of the 02. I'm going to have to recover the Recaros and side panels and may end up recovering the rears depending on which way I go. Finding a set of nice rears might save me some money as well as help steer the decision process.

Good to meet you at the Vintage.... At least I think it was you I was talking to after the show in front of the Bavaria behind the hotel.

I just bought this car. Sadly there is no LSD but there are some other good bits on top of a very bad shell. I also have two other E24 donors. Are you after black rears specifically?

Back