1984 633CSi low pressure fuel pump?

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the output pressure of the in-tank pump is? I need to switch to an electric pump on my Bavaria and this one looks like it fits well.

Mike,

Although I don't know what the output pressure is on the pump, I used a low-pressure, in-tank pump from an '87 E30. It has the return line built right in. The pick-up is a little shorter than stock, as well as the sender. You can modify the pick-up and a sender from an E23, I believe, is real close to the right length. You might want to research that last bit of info.

Good Luck,

Scott C.

Thanks for the info. I pulled a few pumps in the boneyard yesterday and the 633 had the longest one, but it is a little bit shorter than my Bavaria sender/pickup Since we Cali folks live in the land of plenty, I can find an E23 fairly easily.

Mike, I should qualify that by stating that mine is fuel injected (which I believe is where your headed?). I would think that you could even throw a pressure regulator on there if you were worried?

As another FYI, the later pumps (at least for the 90-91 318s) are high-pressure for their in-tank pumps. This may include the 325s and others.

I have an M30B35 that I'm going to install in my Bav. My first plan is to use the carbs off the Bav to get the ball rolling, then as I learn more about the FI side of this setup I'll switch it over. I will need an electric pump for the carbs as I will be using the B35 long block. I figured that as long as I will be using the dual pump system I would start with the low pressure pump to run the carbs.
This car is my driver so I don't want it down for any extended period of time.

You know, Mike, I did almost the same thing. I swapped in a B35, myself, and having it out of commission made me slack on it a lot. For starters, I couldn't decide whether I wanted the Motronic manifold or L-Jet. I really liked the looks and originality of L-Jet but in the end decided to go with the Motronic manifold. Purism be damned!

Fortunately, I have a Tii brake booster, but alas, it doesn't quite fit where it should with the manifold in place. Ahhh, trials and tribulations. It is almost done and I am now getting excited about it again,

Good luck to you...

feb_booster_out.JPG

I bought a booster from an Alfa GTV-6 in Sacramento today, and it's only 7" in diameter and looks very much like this Tii booster. I was considering the hydro-boost method but that seems like a lot of plumbing and mounting to do.

I haven't really looked at it too closely yet. I'll probably end up welding something onto the booster rod that will extend out like the stocker.

Back