1st Coupe drive of the year! Attention Malc....

Dave B

Reaction score
Folks,

Mrs Dave has been getting it all her way lately. The CSi has been tucked up in the garage since last October. Sadly I never got to the little things I wanted to put right during the winter months. Reasons for this - bike crash, broken radius and ulner - both the long bones in the forearm, and a shattered up wrist.

I did get an original leather CSL sports wheel from german ebay, ( Der bay? ) It is now fitted and looking good. Still plan a bit of paintwork, and maybe chrome arches.

In the last two months, I have had to endure a new central heating system, floors up all over the house, new radiators and pipes, new boiler, lowered ceiling in kitchen, rip out old kitchen, fit new floor, and install new kitchen units, worktops etc etc. Was doing most of the work myself with the help of a couple of friends.

Well, today was nice ( for Scotland! ) and I saw the BMW looking all sad in the garage. No more!! Off to the post office for tax, a bit of air in the tyres, quick check of the levels, and off out to play!

What a great blast - I had almost forgotten the noise, and feel of the good car. The kitchen can wait !! ( This may be the cause of some slight domestic disharmony, but it's warm enough to sleep in the garage again )

The London meet being discussed is probably a bit soon for me, but I may consider a trip down in the future.

Attention Malc! Malc - I have a feeling that a wee bit tinkering / tune / once-over would not be a bad idea. My knowledge in this department is not too good. Fancy a visitor?? :oops:

Malc

Reaction score
Grumble, grumble, moan moan jealous :wink:
Sure Dave I can dribble over your car while I do all the other "stuff" that needs doing.
Drop me a line / give us a bell

I NEED QUALITY SHED TIME!!! :p

Malc

gazzol

Reaction score
I had a tinker with mine last Friday, I had to fit a new injection pump as the old one packed up. After going on a run and getting 17 mpg my heart sank so last Friday it was off to the workshop of my best mate Nigel. The fuel pressure was reset to 2 Bar (was running at 2.3) I opened up the airflow meter (yes I know its naughty) and increased the preload on the spring which resists the movement of the vane by two notches and then reset the C.O. on the gas analiser. Filled her up to the brim of the neck and went for a ride upto Bownes on Windermere a round trip of 102 miles and filled her up when we got back. Result :- 15.14 litres of fuel used. A staggering 30.6 m.p.g (3.5 ltr) !!! Granted I took it easy on the way there 60mph and 70mph on the way home but it still aint bad for an average of 65 mph.

marc

Reaction score
On a 250 mile round trip with 2 adults, 2 children and a boot full of suit cases mine returned 21.6 mpg. I did get stuck in a 1 hour traffic jam due to a drive by shooting and I think that would have dropped the mpg from around 26-28 mpg.

marc

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Probably only fair to tell our American cousins the an Imperial gallon (Canada, UK, Aus and NZ) is equal to 1.2 US gallon.

Same applies to US beer.