2,5 CS / only one electric window opener ?

Orangener

Reaction score
Today I grabbed a 2.5 CS, I will call her Dornröschen, my "Sleeping Beauty" !
Nice car, after all, suprisingly the rust was mostly worked off, but she has been waiting since 1990 in a hall to be found by me.
The coupe has clear glass all around, a very "soft" roof (guess it is one of the last on which they have wasted the remaining CSL-thin sheet roofs), she has manual windows in the front, but a rigid rear side window on the right, and an electric window on the left.
Since there are no more genuine interior-parts in the car, fitting to the year of production, I can not say whether the original was so, and, honestly told, I dont look for the wiring, it was already too late, it was getting dark, but I stumbled out of my bed at 5.30 in the morning.
Now the question: Was this a common combination in the last 2.5 CS ?
Answers would be helpful ........

BTW: The interior in it were red leather seats with big headrests, I will post pictures asap !

Servus!

Congrats to one of the most rare E9s. BMW only built 600 of the 2.5 CS with manual gearbox and 244 with automatic.

The VIN range is the following:

2.5 CS: 4305001-4305600
2,5 CS(A): 4315001-4315244

Production period: 4/74-12/75

To answer your question: no, it's not a usual combination in a 2,5 CS.

The default factory settings for a 2.5 CS was with fixed rear windows, smaller tool kit, steel rims, plysch seats, foam padded steering wheel. Remember that the 2.5 CS was an "oil crises version" of the E9.

However, as there are (as always for the E9 cars) variations, I think it's was possible to order all the normal E9 options to a 2.5 CS. For instance, I have a very early 2.5 CS and it's loaded (from factory) with electric sunroof, 4x power windows, normal "turbine-style" rims, radio etc. I also know 2.5 CS cars with Klimaanlage/AC and leather seats (should be with horizontal pleats).

In the official 2.5 CS sales leaflet (8/74), it says:

"Apart from the following, all other technical data corresponds to that of the BMW 3.0 CS.

Foam padded steering wheel
fixed rear side windows
no lock on glove department
modified tool kit and luggage compartment fittings
rear bumper without overrider"

As always, try to establish, via the VIN, if it's a really late car. As the 2.5 CS was produced very late during the E9 era, it's fully possible that BMW used the E9 parts that was "available for the day".

MfG

Back