2800 CS seatbelt question

bela22

Reaction score
Hi,
is it possible that a 1970.nov. 2800 CS
doesn't have seatbelts in front at all?

Euro or US delivered car??
My Dec '69 Euro 2800cs has lap belts (look for bolt holes on the trannny tunnel and rockers slightly behind the seats) but no provision for a shoulder strap that I have found. I think the later 3.0s came with the shoulders straps.

Others on the board may have more info.

HTH
-shanon

Yes it is possible that they were not fitted, but that depends on the local laws prevailing in the country to where it was delivered. It will have the points where the seat belts bolt to though.

I personally suspect they have been removed at some point..

As somebody who is involved in motorsport and know folk who deal with the aftermath of RTAs (Road Trafffic Accidents) I would plead with all of you to use them.
Malc

mine was dleivered to northern Germany ,and was sold 03.71,but was manufactured in 04.11.70.

I'm trying to be as factory correct as I can during the resroration,but can't find data about her seatbelts.

In case you think that it used to have -at least lap belts-do you knoe source for it.

Car is almost READY ,so I'D need it asap.

It is almost time to show you guys fotos,but don't know how to.

I don't want to call myself a "member" till the coupe is 100 % ready(....I know, I know, a coupe is never ready...)

thx

My e9 was produced a month before yours (3/70) and it has floor board holes and of course the ones between the rear seat and rear wheel arch for the shoulder piece. I wouldn't think that they would have special body parts regardless of where it was eventually being shipped.
That said.
I also found that the rear deck had a mount for a retractable unit under the cover on the reat hat shelf. Far into the corner, so that it goes around to side of a back seat rider. It is visible from inside the trunk, but hard to access.
I used it to install retractable unit and normal position for lap/config.

I used ANDOVER for my new set up. The buckles are chrome faced(70's style), with many colors of webbing available. They have different styles.
I did make mine more custom also.
The buckle is an adjusting by pull type. I bought 2 extra yards of webbing and made the trans tunnel mount the pull point and made the length appropriate for adjusting after clicking together.
Cinches down as much as you want and has a strong secure feeling when installed. Goes over the shoulder from the rear.
Wife even commented on how much better it was than the original spaghetti straps.

steve

It was listed as "1970's style". Has shiney chrome buckle. there are other styles. The retractable unit has just the right amount of webbing on it to make the juncture with the buckle and back to the floor mount. The buckle side, tunnel side, goes from floor thru buckle and runs long for adjustment. The retrac unit also has the mechanism to stop forward progress in emergency. Can't remember what it is called.
senior moment!
The cable ones with the buckle are not long enough for our coupe seats. They sit to far behind the drivers reach. That is why you use the additional webbing. Also end up cutting off the andover mounts and having coupe mount plates sewn on. Take to upholstery shop/ parachute rigger, need very strong thread.
steve

Back