2800CS in WA

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He's also selling a 190SL and a Pantera. I think the suspension pictures are the 190SL. I called and left a message. I'll try to get a look at it and report back.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
190 sl

I love that brown 190 sl..if you go look at the cars tell me about the 190sl as well. Like the originality.
Chuck

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Interesting....looks like a V8 in the pictures with that front suspension....can't be the SL because it's a lot cleaner than the SL is underneath.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
I’m not under cars that much anymore but that style suspension looks like a Ford to me. I suspect the V8 with the hump in the pan in the front is a Ford also. My best guess anyway :?::?::?:. I sent him a e-mail about it like 3 days ago and he still hasn’t changed it. ~ John Buchtenkirch

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I looked at this a couple of days ago. Seller is a collector/trader and was very forthright regarding the car. I didn't have a chance to drive it as a heavy shower passed while I was there but he says it runs and drives fine and I believe it. On the plus side, it is very original down to the original carbs and all other mechanicals. As indicated in the ad, the front seats are shot while the rears are useable but would/should probably be recovered when the fronts are done. His claim of "rust free" is close but I did point out a small blister in the left front fender rain channel. We all know where that leads. Without putting it on a lift, the underside looked good and the spare tire well had only minor surface rust.

The exterior is overall OK with evidence of an older repaint that must have involved at least partial body disassembly. There are some areas where the paint has cracked and one area over a rear wheel arch with a thumbnail sized raised area. I say partial disassembly because the panel fit is just a little off in a few places. Without going into detail, I feel this means the car can be driven and enjoyed as is but would require significant expense to take it from a #3 car to the next level. Nothing wrong with that and with new seat leather it could be driven and displayed for years as long as it's kept dry.

As for price/value, I find this a tough car to peg. I know what he hopes to get for it (and what he has turned down) and he asked me to keep that confidential for now, which I'll respect. Given no bids with a day to go, it doesn't look like it will sell on ebay. In that case he plans to have the seats redone and take it to one of the Monterey auctions in August. If that happens I'll be interested to see the result.

If anyone is interested in buying the car now, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll be happy to discuss it in detail. Cheers.