2800CS owner in the Bay Area

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Lifelong BMW lover, and I finally picked up a coupe after many years of lusting after one.

My E9 was the one that was for sale in Berkeley Ca a few months back. It's a Sahara 2800CS that started life as an auto, and was swapped to a dogleg manual back in the 1990's.

It has some needs, some light rust to attend to (couple small bubbles here and there, spare tire well, etc), and will be a fun project that I've had a blast wrenching on for the last few months.

Cosmetically it needs some work under the hood (either triple DCOE 40's or a media blasted air cleaner), a deep cleaning on the other under hood bits, and the body work cleaned up on the left front from a hit back in the 1990's. She'll make a fun weekend driver and give me something to do for awhile.

Even though this is my first post, I want to thank this community for being great. I've been lurking, searching, and getting a repair path together based on this forum. Seems to be an excellent community of people.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats and best of luck. Warning- lurking here for long periods has a tendency to make some strive for a perfect ride. It's good you live in an area you can ride year round, otherwise the off season turns into an excuse to start tearing things apart.

Enjoy!

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Congrats and best of luck. Warning- lurking here for long periods has a tendency to make some strive for a perfect ride. It's good you live in an area you can ride year round, otherwise the off season turns into an excuse to start tearing things apart.

Enjoy!

I have to remind myself that I bought a nice driver, and not a Concours car. :D

A very nice looking example.
Why does your femur hurt?
Please register the coupe (see CS Registry above)
Stan

It's a random old joke from years ago when I played little league, and it's stuck with me. I'll be sure to add my coupe to the registry.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very nice. Never driven an E9 dogleg, one day I need to borrow that car for a spin.

If the femur started hurting after you got the car the clutch may be too hard. People complain about my clutch.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
And if you decide you want to go with Triple Webers, I have a set in the box that will be perfect.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Very nice. Never driven an E9 dogleg, one day I need to borrow that car for a spin.

If the femur started hurting after you got the car the clutch may be too hard. People complain about my clutch.

You're more than welcome to drive it. My body is programmed to the shift pattern, but I might have climbed a steep hill offroad in second in my buddies Jeep, wondering why it was pinging everywhere. :sad:

My clutch is grabbing off the top, so I'm expecting to replace it soon even though it hasn't shown signs of slipping yet. I'm not used to that long of a throw with that much effort.

And if you decide you want to go with Triple Webers, I have a set in the box that will be perfect.

Oh really?