3.0 CSL (E9) Injection with Throttle Bodies

timt

Reaction score
Has anyone converted an M30 to using throttle bodies and if so any feedback please on success (or otherwise) and issues?

Where to get a suitable inlet manifold, or use a DCOE version? Korman or Jaymic or where else?

Also, where to get a good RHD exhaust manifold ... Munich Legends, Fritz Bits or who (of the myriad of bespoke builders)?

Can anyone recommend a good engine builder in the UK, or consultant as I have a willing builder but a little inexperienced on this model and going down this path.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
It is pretty easy to fab up an adapter plate for the S38 throttle bodies, then you could sue the S38 intake, although an aftermarket one of those may be a bit better.

gazzol

Reaction score
By far the easiest way to address the throttle bodies issue is by using Weber or Jenvey throttle bodies(or any of the many types out there) these use the Weber DCOE patern manifold. Another consideration as already mentioned is the S38 TBs fitted to a adapter plate which you could make your self or have fabricated by an engineering shop.
Alternatively if you like a challenge get two sets of TBs from a Triumph 959 and get an adapter plate made up, this is what I have done but it isn't finished yet so I have no performance improvements to post suffice to say tha the inlet manifold is the biggest restriction to power on these engines so I'm hoping the results will be good. See here:-

http://www.bimmerowner.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3721

Speak to Alex Elliot at Roundel Racing (google it)with regards to engine specs etc but if you want big power something built to group 2 spec on TBs with a 300 ish degree cam should produce over 300 brake @ arround 7000 rpm

timt

Reaction score
Many thanks all for your suggestions to date.

I've been looking at Jenvey and AT Power bodies ... will also look at the others suggested. I have looked at using a DCOE pattern manifold but wanted to see if there were other recommended alternatives. I have no engineering capability and have to buy in / get others to do it so the alternatives are welcomed.

Gazzol, I think I first met Alex at an early BMWCC sprint at Bruntingthorpe almost 15 years ago ... he was bemoaning the inefficiencies of the exhaust manifold he was trying! I'm not aiming for ultimate power but something above 250 with reasonable torque. I need to register to use your link so will pick that up asap.