3.0Si Sunroof tool

naccer

Reaction score
Hi all, I started to work on the 76 3.0Si Sunroof today.

It's an electric one - hence my issues.

The manual explains there is a screw covering a hex nut or some other nut to turn the sunroof motor and open or close the roof.

In practice there is only a flat head bolt up there that when turned counterclockwise opens the sunroof with great effort.

Question - I don't have the special sunroof tool but does anyone know what it looks like / know where to get one?

I imagine for this car it's very much like a narrow / wide flat head bent at a 45 degree angle with a long handle.

I need to put in a new seal, and hopefully get the motor working again...

Thanks ahead of time, Neal

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi all, I started to work on the 76 3.0Si Sunroof today.

It's an electric one - hence my issues.

The manual explains there is a screw covering a hex nut or some other nut to turn the sunroof motor and open or close the roof.

In practice there is only a flat head bolt up there that when turned counterclockwise opens the sunroof with great effort.

Question - I don't have the special sunroof tool but does anyone know what it looks like / know where to get one?

I imagine for this car it's very much like a narrow / wide flat head bent at a 45 degree angle with a long handle.

I need to put in a new seal, and hopefully get the motor working again...

Thanks ahead of time, Neal
Hi Neil;
Please email me your name and address and I will mail a tool to you in the morning.
I have about twenty of them.
Koopman

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Neil;
Please email me your name and address and I will mail a tool to you in the morning.
I have about twenty of them.
Koopman
Hi;
I belive I sent you one but there are two types and I will send you the second type.
Address please.
Thanks