3.3csi for sale, leaves me with questions

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's got a couple pics of the motor - showing sloppy overspray on the wiper motor and bracket - and rubber hiding the fender channels - so your concerns are valid - and is that a hole in the top of the driver side fender showing the hood cable below?

Last edited:

d-ace

Reaction score
I think most customers buying a coupe like this and not asking one question about corrosion is just a flipper. Also when someone selling a coupe repeats photos of the seats then a big shot of an inexpensive tool kit and not one word of “RUST” or a shot of the undercarriage is very questionable. Especially on a car that is well known to rust from the inside out and restoration that can cost between $40K to $60+K to get it right and not just media blasted but all seams and closed compartments acid dipped like real restoration is done.

Although it is very rare a 1972 3.3-liter motor and 5-speed trans? I had a 1973 3.3CSL once and the importer that knew his BMW’s very well said that the 3.3-liter motor in the CSL was rare.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is a converted US 1972 csa [auto with carbs].

Not a true csi.

It also appears to have a 74 pleated interior.
The engine is from a local Bay Area builder from 10 years ago or so.

sfdon

ny30cs

Reaction score
I offered $25k for the car and went to pick it up in PA. I took a train home. Color change, was blue, trunk had rust and the quality of the repaint was horrible. The wood needed to be done over and it was a MESS. I didn't even start it. It was a 20 footer. It needs a TON to make it right and don't know if it would ever be. That was a lot of money for that car. Was worth about $10 to $14 at best in that shape......The interior needed to be done over and I KNOW what that costs......The seller didn't even know it was a color change!!!! Don't think they ever came in Silver with Tan. Looks great but wasn't offered....I think.......