4355031 coming up for sale

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Possibly the most well know 4355xxx CSL coming up for sale………

AE2FAABF-96FC-4AEC-8719-5DD7312A4DDC.jpeg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And that's how you write a cars "for sale" copy...

Well, Don Draper would never allow the bar to be the Ford Capri in "our Capris then had no chance"...
Oh, and no asking price?

Just kidding, great car!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey guys, here's an off the wall question, does anybody know who has Bat 2 - xxxx001? or xxxx002?
just curious ... figure somebody knows. i realize nobody who does would want their name published ... just curious if they still exist.

Last edited:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazing machine. I’m curious if the original motor is included.
Original motor has been gone for a very long time and is not with the car or any of the previous owners.

@tferrer Yannick never held on to it, for a number of reasons, but also he was working on a more important CSL.

Price I understand is 475k UK pounds.

Last edited:

Jon B

Reaction score
Well, Ford built close to 2M Capris, so I can see how the stomped everything :).

Ford Cologne was directly involved with Capri racing from the beginning (1970), which included Weslake-developed engines.
This was three years before BMW Motorsport became directly involved themselves, beginning with the 1973 season.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ford Cologne was directly involved with Capri racing from the beginning (1970), which included Weslake-developed engines.
This was three years before BMW Motorsport became directly involved themselves, beginning with the 1973 season.
Ah, and those RS variants were probably made in low quantities. Thousands perhaps.

Jon B

Reaction score
Ah, and those RS variants were probably made in low quantities. Thousands perhaps.

Well yes, for FIA homologation as a Touring Car, at least 1000 examples had to be produced.
That was true for the CSL as well.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well yes, for FIA homologation as a Touring Car, at least 1000 examples had to be produced.
That was true for the CSL as well.
Oh, homologation is then a sad joke. You buy a 4 cyl 1.3L Capri, you drive with a grin pretending your commute is a FIA race. You hear yabba dabba doo and a Flintmobile beats you off the mark at a traffic light, your grin evaporates. Fred Flinstone's does not.