'67 2000CS - $44K

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NMNA - a friend forwarded this to me over the weekend. Stout money for one that isn't exactly OEM. Seems to be mostly sorted, if you can look beyond the MSport stripes, wheels, and other minor details. Edit- I'd wonder about the repaint. The underhood pic, shows to be Chamonix in the engine bay, but the fenders are a brighter white...

1568643012258.png

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd wonder about the repaint. The underhood pic, shows to be Chamonix in the engine bay, but the fenders are a brighter white...
It looks Chamonix to me. It's a strange color in all kinds of light. I just painted the engine compartment and some areas look white and some look yellow. If you look at the engine pic of the 2000 CS you can see some surfaces that are the same color as the fender.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you look at the engine pic of the 2000 CS you can see some surfaces that are the same color as the fender.

It can be difficult to judge colors off the web. I know full-well that my remote computer monitor displays a different hue than my laptop screen. White is very hard to color match, only way to be sure would be by seeing it in person.

Interesting car, though. Interior redone, not quite 100% correct but nicely finished. Washer bottle not correct but it works. Heater fan is a later unit. Gotta lose the rubber ducky antenna... But it has an original rearview mirror and those are unobtanium, wood looks great, engine bay looks sorted, broken side indicator...that might be tough to locate and it is a bear to install (those headlight fixtures are cool, but difficult to work on)

I'm just pleased to see another 2000CS out there. :)

floridabmx

Reaction score
Good god how can you stand to look at that with those decals and wheels. Beautiful otherwise

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
completely agree foridabmx - luckily the wheels, decals and antenna can all be removed + fixed easily.