69 E3 2800 with 39 KM (24 miles)

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love the tread on the tires, it reminds me of the 'houndstooth' interior on my old '69 Camaro RS convert.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks similar to a pirelli cn-36 tires. i used to have a set on my 2002. great tires, comparable to xwx michelins back in the day. but slightly different ... upon closer inspection, i think i see continental on the sidewall.

Love the tread on the tires, it reminds me of the 'houndstooth' interior on my old '69 Camaro RS convert.

Last edited:

siscobmw

Reaction score
similar treads....but these are continental like those pictured on user's manuals....
stunning condition, yep....
Francesco

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is an incredible sight. Wow... What a treasure of a time capsule. Gotta love the service department paper mat.

Since I'm in the midst of my 'E3 phase', I'm seriously thinking about flying out there to completely document that car in pictures; assuming the seller will allow me. It needs to be done.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip ...even if it involves a flight.

siscobmw

Reaction score
as far as I know this car was ina old garage of a old car collection in germany, together with a really really low mileage 3.0S....now it seems to be in oceanside california....:roll:

Francesco

DerSchwede

Reaction score
This car seems to have had a respray (at least partial), since the inner mud guards in the front fenders are green and not black or grey as from the factory. There are a few other things as well that cause some doubts: The rear bumper isn't properly aligned and the hub caps are not corresponding to the 1969 production. It sure seems to be a nice car - but I assume only after someone invested some time & dime in it.
Cheers
A

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The front splash guard is available from the factory for the e9 at $234. including sales tax. I bought one for my coupe. I assume most of them, e3 and e9, disappeared with the second oil change.
Steve ONeill 74 CSi

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car seems to have had a respray (at least partial), since the inner mud guards in the front fenders are green and not black or grey as from the factory. There are a few other things as well that cause some doubts: The rear bumper isn't properly aligned and the hub caps are not corresponding to the 1969 production. It sure seems to be a nice car - but I assume only after someone invested some time & dime in it.
Cheers
A

not necessarily, my 2nd E3 ('72 Bavaria) purchased from the original owner CCA club member in 1989 was sahara (and tabacco interior) and the inner mud guards were body color (sahara.) I still have them. Really, the best 300 dollar car I ever had!

Last edited:

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
My '76 Si, purchased from the original owner has the covers also in grey. They look obviously original.