'70 2800CS on EBay again

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
So what's a rolling project car worth? 10k? 15k? 20k? I wonder what the bottom of the market is for e9s today?

Drola

Reaction score
that's my car. it does run and drive. only bad rust is on the driver side rear seat floor and that patch on the front.
people can knock it all they want. it is actually a solid car aside from the obvious.
if it doesn't sell i'll just tinker with it and drive it. but i have 5 other cars so the only problem i have with this car is the time i need to mess with it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks like you've described it as well as you can and included underside photos. Anyone that knows these cars should know what they're getting into, probably like you did when you bought it. GLWS.

Time to work on projects? Ha! :)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
that's my car. it does run and drive. only bad rust is on the driver side rear seat floor and that patch on the front.
people can knock it all they want. it is actually a solid car aside from the obvious.
if it doesn't sell i'll just tinker with it and drive it. but i have 5 other cars so the only problem i have with this car is the time i need to mess with it.

I liked your listing - honest and pretty clear. I think the price was realistic. Not sure anyone was knocking it that much.

I did see that your listing has finished. Did you decide not to sell in the end or did it sell?.

good luck either way.

Drola

Reaction score
thanks. i'm just going to let it be for now. it's up in the air on a lift so not in my way. i'm almost done getting my 73 roundie back together so when that is done i'll start on this one. it really doesn't need much. tires, fluids change, carb cleaning and figure out why the (new) rear brakes are not getting fluid. could be the flexible lines, maybe the m/c. regardless it can't be too complicated.
i mention about people knocking it because of all the crap i got from craigslist and ebay. yet not a single serious buyer came to see it.
i think it's a gorgeous car. not perfect by any means but definitely something i'll enjoy driving. i don't plan on a full blown restoration. maybe one day patch up that floor, maybe not. just drive it with a smile on my face.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation with my coupe, a '69 2800. Selling it isn't an option, I'll pass it down to my son, but it's a nice driver now that needs some attention. I'm working on my E3 right now and also have a '73 roundie next on the list so the coupe keeps getting pushed further and further back. I also know if I start getting into the coupe I'll probably have it completely torn apart and start a years long project.