'70 3.0csa / Salem, OR $8k

Sprocket3

Reaction score
It's got an 80s vintage 735 engine according to the seller. Wrong seats. Still runs an auto.

I'm not too far away and could go back with an offer. It needs a lot of work, but the car looks solid for the most part and I think everything is there.

Yeah, the stick was for one of the pit bulls they've got.

Last edited:

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If the interior, trim and glass are serviceable, and the wood hasn't completely rotted away offer $2500. He did say the price was negotiable

restart

Reaction score
Archived ad

For a moment the splitter and spoiler made me think it may be a CSL. Wouldn't that be an amazing scoop. Judging by how far it's sunk into the ground it may have been sitting in that very spot.

Is anyone grabbing the vins?

http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=Bluee9salem8000$

image.jpg

Sprocket3

Reaction score
For a moment the splitter and spoiler made me think it may be a CSL. Wouldn't that be an amazing scoop. Judging by how far it's sunk into the ground it may have been sitting in that very spot.

Is anyone grabbing the vins?

http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=Bluee9salem8000$

I didn't get the Vin and the owner isn't the contact person listed so communications are tough. It's a friend listing it for the owner. Spilittter and spoiler are not factory installed pieces.

I was thinking $2-$3 k would get me interested, but he's not going for that yet.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My buddy and I looked at it the weekend before last. The whole way down there I was saying to myself 'please be a piece of crap'. I'm right in the middle of restoring an '02 and there is a good chance I will be living in our shed if I buy another BMW (even if I went in half with my friend). Anyway, after looking at it for a couple of seconds - I knew I was safe. It was really sad to see such a good looking car in a great color (Baikal) in such sorry shape. The car has been rusty for a long time, it was poking out everywhere with a lot of evidence of previous repairs including the front shock towers and fenders. It had some nice period pieces on it including the Ronals (he has the forth one), power Recaros, etc... The interior looked surprisingly nice. The vin plate was gone.

The owner came out and talked to us, no shirt, crooked cane, and all. He said he has owned the car for 30 years and the rust just started last year. Right as we were about to leave, about 5 dogs (pitbull/rot mix) were let out into the yard. My buddy Dave and I were looking at each other like - show no fear. We thought it might be a 'buy the car or else' type of negotiation.

Sprocket3

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread for your amusement:

Like the rest of you I walked away from this one in 2015 when the guy was stuck at $8000.

In May, 2017 i thought it would be a good time to stop by for a quick visit and see how the dogs are doing. The car was still there and had apparently not moved or sold in the last couple years for some shocking reason. After going through a few of the resident of the home who seemed very eager to have a visitor the owner showed up with his cane once again. After a brief exchange we got down to discussing the sale of this fine E9 and his current bottom line. I had initially thought it was about a $3000 car at most and had $3000 or so with me.

When i asked him what he wanted for it I was bummed to hear "the price is the same as last time you came by". I was thinking he meant $8000 still, but to my surprise the price he followed up with "$3500 is a great price and it just needs a fuel pressure regulator". I let him know that was a bit high for me and that I had $2500 CASH. He seemed to really like the cash part and promptly extended his hand sealing the deal. We wrote up a sales invoice and he procured an old title while I called for a tow truck.

The car was towed home and stored in my garage while i contemplated the restoration process for a few years. I had a large shop and thought that it would make a fun winter project. After a few winters passed I decided to move and needed to sell the car. So i listed the car on Ebay and it was bid up to about $9000 as a "non-running restore project" and back on a truck to southern California in early 2020. This subsequent owner made some repairs to the car and I believe it was sold mid 2020 for around $25,000 last year, but i'm not 100% sure.