71' 2800cs for sale in Oregon

Reaction score
I have a lightly restored 71' BMW 2800 CS for sale. Euro model,Rust free So. Calif car. Restored last year. With new paint, Leather Seats, rebuilt engine, with triple Weber Carburetors, Headers, Electronic ignition, 5 Speed transmission, 7x15 mesh wheels, KYB shocks and hi-po Springs, and much more. NO RUST Period. I started off @ $28,000. Now, down to $16,000, due to this lousy economy. Verona Red with Camel Tan interior. Only thing needed is the dash to be re-done. An awesome driving and looking car. Call me, Bob 2 503-325-1957

Attachments

• 71 BMW 011.jpg
    71 BMW 011.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 71 BMW 004.jpg
    71 BMW 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 71 BMW 008.jpg
    71 BMW 008.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 71 BMW 014.jpg
    71 BMW 014.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 262

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Robert- Some constructive criticism.....Engine compartment needs some detailing. Overspray really detracts from the quality of work that you describe. Looks "bubbly" in the rust prone areas. One might easily suspect short cuts in other areas of the car as well.

To hit your numbers, I think you'll need to fix these issues.....just trying to help.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
I have to agree with Ed in post #2. The painted red hood locks, wires, wiper motor and linkage in the cowl just scream quickie “Earl Scheib” or backyard paint job to me. Also while they may be ultra practical for lane changes I think a large portion of your possible customer base would find the looks of those fender mounted mirrors objectionable . Also just trying to be helpful :-D. ~ John Buchtenkirch

bmw art car

Reaction score
the mirrors were a cool thing to have in the 70's
i remember when i was a kid, everyone HAD to have them :D

yeah same opinion on the paint job... that looks kind of butched
makes you wonder what else is lurking skin deep