72 3.0 cs sale at Gooding @ Pebble $23.1k

corsachili

Reaction score
Good looking car, but I love the statement about how rare "4speeds, AC and a sunroof are". In my experience this is something a lot of CSs have. CSis on the other hand, usually had velour interior, no AC and no sunroof. I would think the slushbox was primarily aimed at NA markets. Has anyone ever seen a CSiA? I think I've heard of a few, but I'm sure I've never seen one.

pj

Reaction score
funny ha-ha, put the new front spoiler on for the Concorso and its still not dinged up, that must be some sort of record nearly week.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
No CSi automatics

Whle there are some allegations that BMW may have built a couple, if you were buying a new CS in the 70s the only automatic CS you could buy had carbs.

I've seen several discussions on this subject over the years and no one has ever produced any evidence of an automatic CSi except hearsay.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry guys but stock coupes just don't float my boat.

Hmmm, a stock coupe is a chick magnet. I am getting to know women of every race, color, and gender :D

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Tom M said:

I believe that table is mislabeled. That is the number of RHD CSAs according to the Orange parts books I have. Looking at the CS Registry table, you will see that there is no other listing for RHD CSAs and I know they exist from articles I've read in the Brit car mags over the years.

Hmm, I decided to see what the BMW Coupes A Tradition of Excellence book says and it lists 215 RHD CSAs and 2 CSiAs (in 1972).

BMW record-keeping in the 60s and early 70s seems to have been kind of sketchy, but I still don't think there were more than 2 CSiAs.