'72 Coupe on BMWCCA Classifieds

bombayflash

Reaction score
72 automatic

nice car.
the seller sent 50+pictures but none from a lift.
unfortunately an automatic.

anybody close by to check this car out in MA? don't know exact location.

any idea of the cost to convert to 5 stick?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nice car.
the seller sent 50+pictures but none from a lift.
unfortunately an automatic.

anybody close by to check this car out in MA? don't know exact location.

any idea of the cost to convert to 5 stick?

5 speed conversion is under 4k$ I say. Cheaper than redoing the red leather in black...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Vsr

Vintage Sports does a terrific job restoring a car and I would trust Mario with a 5 speed conversion absolutely! Likely the undercarriage is solid.

If I were selling my car, undercarriage shots would be difficult without making a trip to a lift.

And why would you even consider dyeing a red leather interior black ?!?!?!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
"restored by xxx"

In general, if an advert says "restored by..." I would always double check with the shop.
An owner's definition of "restored" might not always coincide with what a shop's definition. Well, let me simply suggest that what you read in an advert should be confirmed via a PPI and a conversation with the cited shop.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

And why would you even consider dyeing a red leather interior black ?!?!?!

I want to be relaxed on the inside (cabin) and intense on the outside (highway).

" RED - The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. "

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want to be relaxed on the inside (cabin) and intense on the outside (highway).

" RED - The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. "

Sorry Arde, I agree with some of the comments in the defintion but have disagree with you about red interiors. I'm really not a fan of red, especially red cars. Red interiors on the other hand are another matter, I love them! Our interiors are so interesting anyway but in red they look incredible. Just look at Stan's interior! I've thought about how a wine colored interior would look in my fjord coupe. I think I've seen that combo somewhere here on the board.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Arde, I agree with some of the comments in the defintion but have disagree with you about red interiors. I'm really not a fan of red, especially red cars. Red interiors on the other hand are another matter, I love them! Our interiors are so interesting anyway but in red they look incredible. Just look at Stan's interior! I've thought about how a wine colored interior would look in my fjord coupe. I think I've seen that combo somewhere here on the board.

+1 ! Stan's interior is great. Also, I love the 53 vette in white with red interior.

Scott

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 ! Stan's interior is great. Also, I love the 53 vette in white with red interior.

Scott

Agree with both.

Now put your thumb on your wrist vein on the opposite hand and count how many times it pulsates per 10 seconds. Now repeat the experiment while looking at Stan's interior picture. Focus in particular on the shifter boot and the Hawaiian dancer.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree with both.

Now put your thumb on your wrist vein on the opposite hand and count how many times it pulsates per 10 seconds. Now repeat the experiment while looking at Stan's interior picture. Focus in particular on the shifter boot and the Hawaiian dancer.

Thumb won't work. There is a pulse there to that confuses thing. Index and middle finger on the wrist...

bombayflash

Reaction score
don't have exact location in MA.
anybody know any details of this car?
am interested.

asked for undercarriage shots, not available.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1...

Pick up the phone and talk to Mario- great guy, does great work and knows his stuff.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In general, if an advert says "restored by..." I would always double check with the shop.
An owner's definition of "restored" might not always coincide with what a shop's definition. Well, let me simply suggest that what you read in an advert should be confirmed via a PPI and a conversation with the cited shop.

John raises a good point. I recall that this car was in the shop at the same time as The Great White. It looked like it had a serious right side accident, like it had been side swiped. If memory serves, Mario told me that the owner was just wanting it repaired and that it was not in for a restoration. I don't think that counts as a restoration. Over the few months when my coupe was there, I saw the repair happening and I am nearly certain it was just where the accident damage was.

If you are interested in this car I would definitely recommend a pre purchase inspection and VSR is the closest shop that I would trust to do that.