72 CS For Sale - Sydney

Csaunders

Reaction score
No affiliation. Does anyone from Oz know this car? Previous description on carsales talked about the engine upgrade, and ascribed big value to this. It looks like they have changed the grill/front end in recent days back to something closer to original. The first ad showed different front end.

Any ideas on value? I understand it's difficult off a few photos. I would be looking at this as a road car, so pull out roll cage and re do interior, etc.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/BMW-30-1972/AGC-AD-14590399/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Thanks all,

barely03

Reaction score
If that is Aussie dollars ($75,000) that is only $65,251 US. I wonder if it is an original "Batmobile" or just parts added on.

Barely03

rb1971

Reaction score
I was in Sydney during the holidays and considered buying a car for Australia (we go there a lot and spend thousands on rental cars each year). I am 99% sure this is the same consignment shop that had a Nissan Figaro we looked at (maybe even closer to 100% if I could make picture 7/19 slightly bigger - I think that's the Figaro there in the background).

If so, this car definitely wasn't there on Jan 3! Too bad, I would have gone over it and had a report.

They were nice enough folks but basically knew nothing about the cars other than the information provided by the owners.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was in Sydney during the holidays and considered buying a car for Australia (we go there a lot and spend thousands on rental cars each year). I am 99% sure this is the same consignment shop that had a Nissan Figaro we looked at (maybe even closer to 100% if I could make picture 7/19 slightly bigger - I think that's the Figaro there in the background).

If so, this car definitely wasn't there on Jan 3! Too bad, I would have gone over it and had a report.

They were nice enough folks but basically knew nothing about the cars other than the information provided by the owners.

Where would you park it when you are not there?
I had the same thought about California. I am there about for 12 weeks a year.
About $350.00 a week. In about 2 years time a decent 2002 tii would pay for itself.

rb1971

Reaction score
Stan - My inlaws have a spare garage (enclosed) space that has no car in it right now. I am almost embarrassed to admit to this, even on behalf of someone else, as it violates the main tenet of my personal car-based religion: Thou shalt have no fewer cars than parking spaces.

(It is permitted to have way more cars than you can feasibly park however.)