'72 CSI at Ventura dealer

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
no affiliation.

scroll down to see at:
http://www.californiaclassix.com/showroom.html

a few photos and this text:
BMW 3.0 CSI Coupe. Adriatic Blue. Fresh $9,000.00 cinnamon leather interior. Excellent, dry car, originally from Florence, Italy. These fuel-injected Coupes are very rare in the U.S., blisteringly fast, and a superb investment with huge upside potential.
Additional Photos: Right Front View, Right Side View, Interior .
$24,500.00

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice looking car. Are there any Rust free cars coming from Europe?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
ok, just noticed that its over on eBay, too. item #230610368057
The eBay listing has more photos and a longer description

ginsuguy

Reaction score
72 at ventura dealer

I am interested in this car. Can anyone help guide me as to what to look for or what to pay? 1st time owner

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The black engine bay and sketchy fender seams are always a big warning sign. It may have gotten the cheap respray because it wasn't worth spending more on the body. How do you spend $9K on an interior? They got a little carried away with the cinammon spray paint on door release levers and seat release levers. It does look to be a very complete coupe, you need a thorough inspection by someone nearby who knows what to look for. Good luck.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Patience is key, read the past forum posts on "rust repair" etc, get to know the cars and what to look for, then look at as many as you can before buying one. There appears to be rust under those fenders judging by the black paint and hole on the drivers side one. Read about how much $ these take to repair and how few competent shops left that can do it. I looked for at least 6 months before finding the right one. A start would be to tell us where you are.

I am interested in this car. Can anyone help guide me as to what to look for or what to pay? 1st time owner

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another warning sign: "superb investment with huge upside potential."

As an ex-compliance officer at a stock brockerage - I cringe at statements like that.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
seller has unusual but excellent feedback- has anyone figured out what city the car is in?
Pics are in SB, ebay says SB and Company is in Ventura?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The photos were taken in Santa Barbara on State Street near Las Positas. Maybe he lives there but his business is in Ventura.