'72 CSI in Half Moon Bay

brea

Reaction score
ebay Q & A

I can't believe that this car keeps popping up for sale over and over again. And every time with a more outrageous price tag attached to it. Flippers...
Currently on ebay too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Other-2...40673b00f&item=360885497871&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Just for the record keeping on this car I did this cut and paste of the Q & A:

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Is the dashboard cracked? Does it has soon roof ? Is the spare tire pan rusted? Thanks. E Mar-24-14
A: The car has rust in the typical places for an original 1972 3.0CSI giving the next owner a chance to repair it correctly. No sunroof. The dash has 2 cracks. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Q: How's the rust factor? Esp. undercarriage and shock struts areas? Mar-21-14
A: The floor, the area directly below the drivers feet needs replacement. A common rust area with replacement panels available. Shock towers, no rust, strong and solid.
Q: is this an original 30CSI, what model does the regrisation say it is Mar-20-14
A: The cars California registration reads 1972 BMW 2D Vin# 2263701. In the driver side door jamb we have a couple stickers, one sticker reads the car was imported by (persons name) and repeats the vin number with vehicle weights. The second sticker certifies the car passes safety inspection.
Q: Original engine? Does it have any leaks? What is the buy now? Mar-20-14
A: I think the car has the original engine, but with your instruction I will find the information you need to be sure. Regarding leaks, I do not see leaks. Something I did not post in the ad is the fact I have a receipt for about $5,000 in work done to the engine and car overall about 1000 miles ago. The car had been sitting for a long time and this work was required. In the receipt there is indication a couple gaskets were replaced.

flobloc

Reaction score
'72 CSi

That's my old car. I imported it directly from New Jersey last August. Kept it for 4-months and then sold it because it had cancer (lots of rust). It has sold three or four times since last December. Amazing! The Rust Bucket that keeps on giving...

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's my old car. I imported it directly from New Jersey last August. Kept it for 4-months and then sold it because it had cancer (lots of rust). It has sold three or four times since last December. Amazing! The Rust Bucket that keeps on giving...

But they shoot horses, don't they?

Aussiecsi

Reaction score

...maybe it's "Christine " reincarnated ??...was it ever owned by Stephen King ??

brea

Reaction score
1972 BMW Other
BMW 3.0 3.0CSI 2800CS coupe 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 classic fuel injected coupe
BMW-3-0-3-0CSI-2800CS-coupe-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-classic-fuel-injected-coupe
Item Ended
Item condition:Used
Ended: Mar 25, 2014 20:48:33 PDT
Current bid:US $13,400.00
[ 14 bids ]
Shipping: Will ship to United States. Read item description or for shipping options.
Item location:San Francisco, California, United States
Seller:
spec42 (47 ) | Seller's other items

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
$13.4k did not meet the reserve.
And I believe it is the same seller as before - some of the same photos are used from the old post.